our 4th visit to Club Med Bintan and we were not disappointed. the check in at the airport, after customs was very smooth and quick. as there were 3 of us, Club Med provided a car to whisk us off to the resort without having to wait for the entire bus to be filled up.
although rooms were only ready at 3pm, our room was ready around 12.30pm. the room is spacious with a corner for reading. bed and pillow are comfortable. we had very good rest at night. the bathroom is basic but clean. wifi is available in the room but you have to keep connecting it.
all meals are provided for and plenty of activities for all to enjoy. you can go for all the sea sports and games at sports centre etc or soak in the sun at the beach and read all day. the choice is yours. want to interact with other fellow GMs? then look out for activities organised by GOs. the pool games and aqua-aerobics are a good start.
each service staff at the restaurants are excellent. they are quick to clear the table for the next guests to use and will promptly remove your plates once you are done. you will always return to a clean table ready for your next plate of yummy food. the staff are polite and attentive.
good food too! the chef preparing the special dish of the day called Dody was especially interesting to watch. he had many many plates to prepare but always does it with a smile and makes each plate with special care. you would think he has only 1 dish to prepare a day!
The village chef, Mei made an effort to say hello to all the GMs. she comes round during meal times and when you leave Club Med, urging you to come back quickly. we spoke to her once during our meal and she remembered our names when she bid us farewell.
overall we had a very enjoyable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med