But not so good for adults... But I guess lying in the sun is what you expect and what you end up doing. The food is great. But why in 2013 don't they make it easier to recharge our electronics? Inaccessible and too few plugs, and the power is off when you take your room key out of the slot when you leave the room. The internet they have keeps dropping out and it weak, which is really irritating, and I reckon they could sell or have a better library of real books to borrow or buy. If it rains, and it does, you have very little to occupy yourself. The in house tv content and reception is absolutely appalling. Again, it's 2013. Could we not have had pay per view or simply streamed movies in the rooms when it's too hot or wet? Even the lowliest motel has that. Also there is no where to sit in the rooms.
Swimming lessons for kids is a missed opportunity that could save lives. And why have plastic polluting drinking straws when paper ones will do and not end up in landfill or in the water? More commitment to the environment please.
Staff and service are fantastic. Food as i said is great but its really noisy and akin to an ikea restaurant. then again this place is kid friendly. the a la carte restaurant is much more peaceful but of course the menu selection limited.Trip to town a sad company village was a waste of time. It's a pity there is no obvious acknowledgment of the local culture.
And could someone tell Chinese people to refrain from spitting?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med