Stayed at club med Bintan for 3D2N for the first time - we booked an all inclusive package which was about 600 SGD including ferry,2 night stay, food & drinks. I thought it was a good deal considering club med is one of the higher end resorts. I was extremely happy with my stay there and enjoyed the club med experience. The GO's (including the GM - Mike) make such a huge difference to the entire experience. We were not very happy with our room initially and we met some GO's during lunch and as soon as they heard that we weren't satisfied with our room Ibra (one of the GO's who joined us for lunch) arranged a free upgrade for us. The GM, Mike sent a note to our new room and later on met us personally to check if everything was okay. That kind of customer service goes a long way.
On the resort itself - I think it was more or less okay which areas of improvement. Like the TV sets in the rooms were small and outdated - those could be changed to bigger/newer sets. Also the property does need a bit of revamp considering it's been around for such a long time.
Food - their buffets were good but nothing special. I personally can eat that kinda buffet for maybe 2-3 days but frankly on the last day we were really sick of the food at the resort - it was just too much but again I think thats a natural reaction to buffets if you are having one for every meal.
Overall I think its a great resort - something for everyone. Good sports facilities which are open 24/7 - lots and lots of activities for kids and just in general there is always something going on. I do like the buzz in the resort - it is a great place for families with kids but having said that I think it is also a good place for couples to go and relax (if you dont mind kids running around) :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med