We got back yesterday from a fantastic week at Club Med Ria Bintan and I am still gobsmacked by the incredible staff. Sure Bintan is a beautiful destination in it's own right but what made the holiday special for us was the genuine warmth of all the staff and their talent and commitment to clients. We have travelled fairly extensively and this has been by far the best hospitality experience we have enjoyed. Our three children (2, 5 and 8) took part in a diverse range of activities in the various age group kids clubs and had a great time. Participation in the shows and the trapeze took them a bit out of their comfort zone but may have uncovered untapped talent! Special thanks to Cupi, Marcia, Coco, Geril, Pierre, Natalie, Leonor and Jaka. Mr Cupi managed to prove that there was rhythm in our family with the kids shows. On three occasions we were fortunate to share meals with some of the GOs and all of the GOs were helpful and encouraging to get the most out of our holiday. The food was significantly better than we expected (although the comment about fruit is probably fair) with a good balance of kid friendly and adult cuisine with an emphasis on Japanese, Chinese and Korean food. There was pretty much something for everyone and maybe too much for me! Late in our holiday we caught a couple of the shows and the kids gt involved in a couple of shows. How many other resorts have a choreographer on staff? Great stuff - particularly when you can get a South African golf professional to pull off a Michael Jackson routine! Pity about the rugby Brendan! Thanks too to Megan, Budy, Made, Kenny, Jeff, Ghazzo and the rest of the staff who became part of our lives last week. All in all a fantastic family holiday destination - we will be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med