“Angsana Bintan”

Angsana Bintan
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Bintan Island
“Angsana Bintan”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The resort is pleasant and comfortable. The food choices are unfortunately limited to 2 restaurants where it is not only rather pricey but also not very tasty.Apart from that, everything is what you would want for a simple family holiday where the beach is clean and the pool fun for the kids to swim/play in. The staff are friendly and attentive and it made an enjoyable getaway for a weekend, apart from the rather bad food.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Mohamed H, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear KLTY 123,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent holiday at Bintan.

I am pleased to learn that your overall experience was pleasant apart from the fact that you were not satisfied with our food prices, quality and variety.

Thank you for the feedback on our staff as this encourages us to continue in maintaining our service standard.

We look forward to your return visit.

Best regards

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
SIngapore
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Providing you accept that this hotel is not a new shiny resort - its style reflects maybe the 1990s when Bintan was starting to be developed as a toursit desitnation - you can easily feel very comfortable here. it is well maintained and the staff are remarkably good. The rooms are adequate, clean, well appointed. Food selction very good for the buffet breakfast / dinner.
Beach is well maintained. Can't go wrong for a short break out of Singpaore

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank batami
Mohamed H, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Batami,

Thank you for taking time to post this review.

Your appreciation of the hotels standard of maintenance, cleanliness of rooms, beach maintenance and food selection is very encouraging and motivating.

I hope that your experience of Angsana Bintan encourages others to visit us, specially those who are looking for a short break out of Singapore.

The team and I are looking forward to your next visit.

Singapore
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I brought my hubby there for the first time. Initially I'm truly in a dilemma with choices of hotels at Bintan but I finally chose Angsana and decided to give it a try despite the many negative remarks abt the hotel. I was very worried.. but, I'm glad I didn't regret at all ! Totally let our hairs down and let the waves slap our faces !! Lol !

Yes it's true, I can understand it's a quite expensive but I can tell u once u reach the beach, I forgot about the money, it's all worth it ! Extremely soft , white sandy beaches cleaned everyday. I appreciate the beach becos it's a hundred times better than my local dirty, ugly and crowded beach. Very suitable for couples who want some intimacy.

The food is good but costly too, so bring some snacks there in case u might get hungry and have a very full breakfast. There's 3 restaurant serving local and western food all in (usd). Standard buffet breakfast with breads, pancakes (hot delicious pancakes made on spot), cheese, cereals, fruits..
Spent $5 and went to their Pasir Oleh Oleh, only 10mins driving. There is basically nothing much over there . The few shops are individual tentage very run down which looks like a school in a whole. If u want to buy sarongs for $10, maybe u can head down to take a look.

I would say the improvements to be made would be the room service efficiency, I was hoping they could be faster in serving the customer's needs. But they are genuinely courteous always carrying a smile over their faces.

Overall no doubt the hotel is a little run down, I don't really mind at all, as my motive is to enjoy the nature so it kind of balanced up my fast paced city lifestyle. If you are looking for a simple place to relax with simple back to nature, quiet environment, this IS the place for u. No point complaining about the hotel furnishings, if u really want a high class 5 star hotel with beautiful new wall paintings and expensive new furnitures, please, there are many more for u to choose from if u are willing to spend a higher price :)

*important tip
Do not wear expensive sandals there as the beaches might have pieces of tar that u might accidentally step on. If u really stepped on one, don't need to curse and swear, don't fret, go to the service counter tell them and they will send their room service personnel to help you with it. That's what happened to my hubby and he stepped on a really big one and they patiently help u to clean your feet with a smile. Sweet.

Waiting for my next visit :)

Room Tip: Cleaner bathtub, faster room servicing, better quality pillows
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank DanielloveKitty
Dear Daniellovekitty,

Thank you for taking time to post this wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

Your detailed feedback will encourage other guests to visit us and I thank you for the overall positive comments related to our location, facilities and services.

I am pleased that the services and facilities at the resort were to your satisfaction. I have taken note of your recommendations to improve the speed of service in our Room Dining. Please be assured that we will address these with the team to bring the necessary improvements as you have recommended.

Your feedback encourages us and helps us in our effort of continuous improvement.

The team I thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I just checked into a two bedroom suite today (will be here for two nights) with my kids and am quite appalled at the badly maintained property.

It have the potential to be so much more but obviously the management don't make an effort to maintain it well.

The walls in the common areas are dirty or peeling. Resort uses low quality furniture and furnishings. The landscaping work can be a lot better. The doors to the rooms looks like they belong to public schools, rough quality wood that is creaking under the weight of too many layers of paint.

The only saving grace is the blue sea and the friendly staff.

But for the price the resort is charging, it is not worth the stay.

I definitely will not return to this property.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank brinkleybum H
Dear brinkleybum H,

Thank you for taking time to write this review.

I have taken note of your recommendation to look at our furniture's, improvements to landscaping, general cleanliness and of peeling paint in some areas of the hotel. Please be assured that these concerns are being addressed.

Your appreciation of our associates and our blue sea has not gone unnoticed and the team and I thank you for that.

It is such comments and feedback that enables us to keep on improving on areas needed.

I look forward to welcome you back.

Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

If you are visiting Singapore, you should try to make time for a trip over to Bintan. Only 45mins by ferry (shorter than the crossing to the Isle of Arran, our holiday home!). Excellent transport arrangements at the port. We used a banked time-share week and were not disappointed. Our apartment was very comfortable and pristine, cleaned daily, and with nice touches like the arrangement of the robes into interesting shapes : butterfly, love-heart etc. Water is replaced daily, and the little evening gifts from the turn-down service were a delight. The food was outstanding, particularly the local Indonesian cuisine, with a number of different restaurants to choose from, including one on the beach. It was also possible to book a meal at other resorts, although we did not feel the need to. The cost of food was not cheap, but this is the case with 5-star resorts everywhere. The staff were delightful : charming, courteous, and helpful. The Spa massage experience is one of the best we have had. The pool and surrounds are excellent, with friendly, helpful staff to keep you hydrated. The beach is magnificent : soft white sand, cleaned daily, with safe sea-bathing in the South China Sea, although I would agree that if you walk a few hundred yards along the beach, outwith the complex, the tidal plastic flotsam and jetsam above the sand is a sad sight, but no worse than we experience on Arran after a storm (beach-party volunteers have to clean it up there!). The Laguna golf course is an excellent layout, though it was a bit tatty after a two-month drought. Transport arrangements to and from the course were perfect, and hired clubs were top of the range Titleist AP1. (Handy tip - stay out of the water hazards!). As with all Islamic countries, alcohol was expensive, but if you stick to the local Bintan beer (my favourite Far-Eastern brew, anyway!), you cannot go wrong. Malt whisky is not the same in 30 degrees of heat! As we visit our daughter in Singapore regularly, and still have some banked weeks of our time-share, we will certainly return to Angsana. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: No advice - no complaints about our room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rankbadyin
Mohamed H, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear rankbadyin,

Thank you for taking time to write this wonderful review. I am delighted to learn that you have had a memorable experience with us and that you are looking forward to visit us again.

Your gracious feedback on our staff, service standards, pool, food, beach, SPA and room service touch points have been received with appreciation. I have shared this with the team and they are very pleased to know that the service provided has been appreciated.

I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Only 45 minutes away from Singapore's Tana Merah Ferry Terminal a wonderful beach awaits the visitors, with friendly staff and good service. As always however in Indonesia, from Flores to Bali and Java, the sea is full of plastic bottles and other non-biodegradable stuff. The employees keep cleaning the beach, but just walk 50 meters beyond the resort and you will see piles of old botttles and trash washed ashore. It is a pity that in the Muslim world the importance of keeping God's creation clean and preserved form man's refuse has not yet been recognized as a top priority.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear ErFie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience.

As you have indicated very rightly, we are located very close to Singapore and can be reached by a 45 minute ferry ride that makes Angsana Bintan the perfect destination for a short get away from Singapore City life.

I have noted your comments on beach cleanliness. Pollution of the world oceans and specially the ones close to our resort is a concern to us too. We are a sustainable resort operator and believe strongly in keeping the natural beauties of the location as it is for future generations. In this regard, our CSR team constantly is in touch with the local communities, schools and organizations to create awareness on this important issue. As you would also understand, being so close to Asia’s Business cities and close to a International shipping route, we do have challenges in maintaining clean seas around us. Our beach cleaners keep on cleaning the beach regularly and are always there to attend to this whenever necessary. May I also highlight that this happens only for a short time through out the year and occurs only during the period when we have currents moving towards the island.

Thank you for the gracious comments on our staff and service standards. We hope that you will visit us soon for another beach holiday.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Very pleasant hotel and staff excellent..Nice sea view room but could do with some fresh paint here and there. Captive audience in Hotel as no other outside eateries unless you take a $12 shuttle bus to "tourist village" about 15 minutes away. Hence hotel food on the expensive side. Good pool and facilities. Tipo. take morning ferries as sea is calmer!

Room Tip: bathroom a bit small
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

BTAN_Bintan, Area General Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Thank you for the warm comments about our staff and hotel facilities. I am grateful to hear that we had successfully created a pleasant stay for you.

I regret that you hadn't had the chance to try out other restaurants at our sister hotel next door. The information was probably not properly conveyed to you and I am sorry for that.

Being in a secluded location with a stunning private beach and surrounded by a tropical rain forest has brought us challenges to source for good quality produces that can be delivered at low cost. As we cannot import from the nearby Singapore we have to purchase our supplies from other ports in Indonesia with enormous delivery cost, handling fees and local taxes, making our purchase prices higher.

However I ensure you that we are doing our up-most to find other solutions to get better quality products at reduced prices and that any savings will reflect on our prices.

I hope you will plan for a return visit someday.
Meanwhile I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again to Angsana Bintan in the future.

Sincerely yours,