Angsana Bintan
$134
$108
Banyan Tree Bintan(Bintan Island)
$444
Hotels.com
$112
$84
Agoda.com
Bintan Spa Villa Beach Resort(Bintan Island)(Great Value!)
$73
$68
Agoda.com
Hotel Panorama(Tanjung Pinang)(Great Value!)
$18
  • Breakfast included
$521
Nirwana Gardens
1,739 results
All reviewslotus cafepantai grillbanyan treeferry terminalus dollarsbaby turtlesprivate beachsister hotelbeach restaurantnice beachjet skiwhite sandy beachsand fliesother resortswelcome drinkthe south china seaspa treatments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I just checked into a two bedroom suite today (will be here for two nights) with my kids and am quite appalled at the badly maintained property.

It have the potential to be so much more but obviously the management don't make an effort to maintain it well.

The walls in the common areas are dirty or peeling. Resort uses low quality furniture and furnishings. The landscaping work can be a lot better. The doors to the rooms looks like they belong to public schools, rough quality wood that is creaking under the weight of too many layers of paint.

The only saving grace is the blue sea and the friendly staff.

But for the price the resort is charging, it is not worth the stay.

I definitely will not return to this property.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank brinkleybum H
Mohamed H, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear brinkleybum H,

Thank you for taking time to write this review.

I have taken note of your recommendation to look at our furniture's, improvements to landscaping, general cleanliness and of peeling paint in some areas of the hotel. Please be assured that these concerns are being addressed.

Your appreciation of our associates and our blue sea has not gone unnoticed and the team and I thank you for that.

It is such comments and feedback that enables us to keep on improving on areas needed.

I look forward to welcome you back.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 14, 2014

If you are visiting Singapore, you should try to make time for a trip over to Bintan. Only 45mins by ferry (shorter than the crossing to the Isle of Arran, our holiday home!). Excellent transport arrangements at the port. We used a banked time-share week and were not disappointed. Our apartment was very comfortable and pristine, cleaned daily, and with nice touches like the arrangement of the robes into interesting shapes : butterfly, love-heart etc. Water is replaced daily, and the little evening gifts from the turn-down service were a delight. The food was outstanding, particularly the local Indonesian cuisine, with a number of different restaurants to choose from, including one on the beach. It was also possible to book a meal at other resorts, although we did not feel the need to. The cost of food was not cheap, but this is the case with 5-star resorts everywhere. The staff were delightful : charming, courteous, and helpful. The Spa massage experience is one of the best we have had. The pool and surrounds are excellent, with friendly, helpful staff to keep you hydrated. The beach is magnificent : soft white sand, cleaned daily, with safe sea-bathing in the South China Sea, although I would agree that if you walk a few hundred yards along the beach, outwith the complex, the tidal plastic flotsam and jetsam above the sand is a sad sight, but no worse than we experience on Arran after a storm (beach-party volunteers have to clean it up there!). The Laguna golf course is an excellent layout, though it was a bit tatty after a two-month drought. Transport arrangements to and from the course were perfect, and hired clubs were top of the range Titleist AP1. (Handy tip - stay out of the water hazards!). As with all Islamic countries, alcohol was expensive, but if you stick to the local Bintan beer (my favourite Far-Eastern brew, anyway!), you cannot go wrong. Malt whisky is not the same in 30 degrees of heat! As we visit our daughter in Singapore regularly, and still have some banked weeks of our time-share, we will certainly return to Angsana. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: No advice - no complaints about our room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rankbadyin
Mohamed H, Hotel Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear rankbadyin,

Thank you for taking time to write this wonderful review. I am delighted to learn that you have had a memorable experience with us and that you are looking forward to visit us again.

Your gracious feedback on our staff, service standards, pool, food, beach, SPA and room service touch points have been received with appreciation. I have shared this with the team and they are very pleased to know that the service provided has been appreciated.

I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Only 45 minutes away from Singapore's Tana Merah Ferry Terminal a wonderful beach awaits the visitors, with friendly staff and good service. As always however in Indonesia, from Flores to Bali and Java, the sea is full of plastic bottles and other non-biodegradable stuff. The employees keep cleaning the beach, but just walk 50 meters beyond the resort and you will see piles of old botttles and trash washed ashore. It is a pity that in the Muslim world the importance of keeping God's creation clean and preserved form man's refuse has not yet been recognized as a top priority.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Dear ErFie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience.

As you have indicated very rightly, we are located very close to Singapore and can be reached by a 45 minute ferry ride that makes Angsana Bintan the perfect destination for a short get away from Singapore City life.

I have noted your comments on beach cleanliness. Pollution of the world oceans and specially the ones close to our resort is a concern to us too. We are a sustainable resort operator and believe strongly in keeping the natural beauties of the location as it is for future generations. In this regard, our CSR team constantly is in touch with the local communities, schools and organizations to create awareness on this important issue. As you would also understand, being so close to Asia’s Business cities and close to a International shipping route, we do have challenges in maintaining clean seas around us. Our beach cleaners keep on cleaning the beach regularly and are always there to attend to this whenever necessary. May I also highlight that this happens only for a short time through out the year and occurs only during the period when we have currents moving towards the island.

Thank you for the gracious comments on our staff and service standards. We hope that you will visit us soon for another beach holiday.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Very pleasant hotel and staff excellent..Nice sea view room but could do with some fresh paint here and there. Captive audience in Hotel as no other outside eateries unless you take a $12 shuttle bus to "tourist village" about 15 minutes away. Hence hotel food on the expensive side. Good pool and facilities. Tipo. take morning ferries as sea is calmer!

Room Tip: bathroom a bit small
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com
BTAN_Bintan, Area General Manager at Angsana Bintan, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2014

Thank you for the warm comments about our staff and hotel facilities. I am grateful to hear that we had successfully created a pleasant stay for you.

I regret that you hadn't had the chance to try out other restaurants at our sister hotel next door. The information was probably not properly conveyed to you and I am sorry for that.

Being in a secluded location with a stunning private beach and surrounded by a tropical rain forest has brought us challenges to source for good quality produces that can be delivered at low cost. As we cannot import from the nearby Singapore we have to purchase our supplies from other ports in Indonesia with enormous delivery cost, handling fees and local taxes, making our purchase prices higher.

However I ensure you that we are doing our up-most to find other solutions to get better quality products at reduced prices and that any savings will reflect on our prices.

I hope you will plan for a return visit someday.
Meanwhile I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again to Angsana Bintan in the future.

Sincerely yours,
Stefan Thumiger
Area General Manager

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I can really understand some of the negative comments that have been made and I must admit that when we first arrived from a brand new 5 star hotel in Singapore we were also disappointed. However after being here a few days and ignoring the age of the place you start to appreciate that it is an exceptional location.

The beach is amazing and relaxing. It is cleaned daily and the sand is powder soft. Not a single hawker in sight. The service from the staff and their attitude cannot be faulted. The little touches they provide such as the free bottles of water, the little gifts, the rose petals on the bed all go to making the experience worthwhile. The food is tasty and good size portions.

The negatives are that the place is looking a bit tired around the edges and probably in need of some modernisation but it hasn't been left unattended. The food and drinks are expensive but maybe what you would normally expect in a 5 star hotel which is in such a location? Eg the 500ml bottle of Evian or a small can of local beer is around US$8.50 inc taxes and services charges.

My only "major" gripe was the music being played in the dinning hall. They seem to play this one track, over and over again which for me was something that they could easily rectify. They even have their own CDs available in the spa but they didn't want to play them for some reason.

Overall, if you can get over the age and the cost of food and drink, you can have a nice and relaxed experience. Would I come here again? Probably yes if I was near by.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Manny-London-123,

Thank you for taking time to write this wonderful feedback.

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and that you would be visiting us in future.

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff, beach & food quality. I have also noted your concerns about the music in Lotus cafe and please be assured that this has been addressed and corrected.

Once again, the team and I are thankful for this fantastic review and we look forward to have you back with us in a not too distant future.