If I knew how to contact the Indonesian health authorities about this place, I would. I've never eaten such a filthy breakfast with flies all over the meat/cheese/fruit, nothing was in the fridge in the tropical weather, filthy drains leak filthy water in the courtyard right next to the dining area. There was actually only one restaurant and no air conditioning other than the very shabby rooms. How they get away with charging 5 star prices at 3 star resorts I'll never know.
I'm currently writing an article about Angsana and the neighbouring Banyan Tree to warn people about the state of this place. I've contacted the hotel several times and so has the booking agent. We've sent them photosThey really don't care if you get sick here, it's not their problem so they don't bother answering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands