Travelled to Bintan for a weekend from Singapore with my wife. Although the ferry trip is less than luxurious (not that there is an alternative) the resort itself was excellent.
The general facilities were well kept and very clean and the rooms were also relatively spacious and modern.
The beach is certainly the main draw of the resort and while the hotel had warned of some problems with tar from shipping lanes, we did not experience any such inconvenience (may have been luck but there didn't appear to be any evidence of said tar either).
Staff were polite and attentive (unlike 9/10 places in Singapore).
Only negative comment would be that it is on the expensive side. Being so close to Singapore has probably driven up the price - wine and food was of a similar price to what you would pay in singapore.
Overall, a very nice get-away, albeit on the pricey side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Sabre Hospitality Solutions and Jetsetter so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands