This is a big hotel - so lacking the exclusivity of next door co-owned Banyan Tree - but basically very nice: huge pool that's great for kids, good sized very comfortable rooms, extremely warm and friendly staff, a great beach right in front of the hotel, and a handy playroom area for kids. And only 5% of the crowds of similar beach set ups in Phuket etc. And all just 40 minute ferry from Singapore making more expensive trips to Thailand etc largely pointless (unless you're in search of some proper nightlife, which this really doesn't have). Only major downside, other than the 6pm pool closing as mentioned in one of the other reviews, is the ridiculous price of the food and drink - US$8 for a bottle of water, with 10% service and 10% tax on top?? I know hotels with captive markets like to make the most of it - and the hotel's clearly catering to a Singaporean market not an Indonesian one. But come on guys - when you get so much else right, you surely don't want your guests to leave feeling they're ripped off every time they eat or drink (especially as the service in the restaurant by the beach at least is also really pretty slow and inefficient).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands