I really dont get it.
Ok maybe I dont like beaches as much and possibly different interest levels.
However, i think this place is way too over-rated.
To be fair, possibly its more suited to those wanting an adventure vacation and that rest on a beach. But I dont get this place, if this was in SIngapore, it'll probably be rated 3 stars.
I was in the Kings Suite.
Staff ; They were great, always smiling and very helpful.
Breakfast ; Nothing fantastic, very Asian, very Indonesian, choices I found were limited.
Room ; Fully furnished. Top score here except the bed. I am 1.8m tall, and my feet keeps banging against the edge of the bed. First time ever as most new designed beds dont have wood running up that high anymore.
Internet ; So I dont understand how you can charge so much for a room and the internet runs at modem speeds. Worse still, I was here for work and downloading files took ages.
Town ; The nearest tourist town is 10 mins away by coach. Well its very touristy, very !
Beach ; Looks like any other beach to me. Not clear water, rather murky. Strong waves but not strong enough to surf.
Pool ; Closes at 6, yes 6 pm. So forget about those night dips.
Surroundings ; Well you know you are at the heart of nature. No road lights into the hotel, so if you are thinking of night jogs, forget it, you'll just trip over something.
Spa ; I heard its one of the best but I am not really into Spas so I kinda gave it a miss.
This place is rustic so its ideal i think mainly for those who would like to travel back in time and enjoy some quiet time and peace away from the bustling city life.
Probably cool if you are on a honeymoon and would like to chase each other in the room.
The most irritating part is the deposit they deducted from your credit card, after you check out and paid in full, i had to call them to ask them about it. Took them a massive week to refund it back to me. That was certainly a first. When I called my bank, they told me it was not a deposit, they accidentally charged it to my card so they had to reverse the charges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands