When we arrived at noon way ahead of their check-in time at 3pm, we thought they would allow us to check-in early. However, we sat at the reception area for an hour while they slowly settled the registration, then another 2 hours eating lunch by the beach.
Surprisingly, everything is charged in USD instead of SGD, so it was already comparatively pricier. Food and drinks are average and overpriced. Some facades are not well-maintained, and the smell of ginger lingers throughout the resort. I hate that the spa is fully booked every single hour.
One good point though - we went for dinner and returned to find the room made up and towels replaced! Beach was nice and relatively untouched. Nice swimming pool next to a patio overlooking the beach. Quite a sight in the day.
I would suggest skipping this overly family-friendly resort for couples. Too many kids at all times of the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands