This is my third time staying in Angsana. The fact that it is a mere 50 minute ferry ride from Singapore which affords me some relaxation time is a plus. However, I was very surprised with the prices, it was probably due to high season (CNY). I was paying USD$350 per night for a deluxe twin room which was very normal, nothing special about it.
What baffled me was everything from food and drinks were quoted not in SGD but in USD.
And when you pay with your credit card, they will only charge you in Rupiah.
So they already make money off the exchange rate Rp10000 to USD1 which is easily Rp9600 to USD1, then you get another currency exchange hit when you get back to your home country to pay in your own currency from Rupiah to in my case SGD.
The food in the hotel is also very expensive for ordinary food.
I would have to reconsider returning since for the amount of money you spend here you can easily have a vacation similar to paradise which this isn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands