We stayed 5 days at that hotel early January. We booked a two bedroom suite, the suite was nice with a good view on the beach but we had to call house keeping: the bathtub was dirty...
There is not much to do around but my husband was there for the golf and enjoyed it.
The food was not great and quite expensive for what it was. We are used to Phuket, its great food on the beach etc so we missed the possibility to eat in a small restaurant some nice authentic food. We went once outside the hotel in one of those areas where you have a couple of restaurants organised with a few shops around, not great... tourist trap.
The beach is nice but with lots of tarballs so our soles were black every day, not so pleasant.
What we did not like at all: at the end of our stay one of the glass lamp on the top of the dinning table happened to fall and broke in thousand pieces. We were fortunately out ( golf and massage) when it happened but we could have been badly hurt as we used to play cards below that lamp. We found broken glass virtually everywhere in the room. The hotel tried to charge us for that lamp one week after we were back home! We had nothing to do with that, I spotted that the bulb was missing and it's certainly the reason it fell. They did not replace it and the glass cover had not much to hold on to... That explains why when the house keeping guys came they replaced the 3 bulbs... Anyway, we regret the attitude towards that, never seen that in a hotel before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands