“A really pleasant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Bintan Island
Melbourne, Australia
“A really pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

Beautiful location, excellent staff and customer service. Kids club was right near the pool which our two littles ones aged 5 and 8 enjoyed a couple of hours each day doing crafts and painting tshirts etc. Our 2 year old, enjoyed playing in the shallow part of the pool. Very relaxing. Room service and an in-house movie for dinner was a great option with little ones as the room service was exceptional and eating privately on your balcony was easier sometimes than dragging tired kids out for dinner. Having said that, dinner by the beach was great also, and kids enjoyed it too due to the location and buffet style.

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from sunny Bintan!

I trust you have had a pleasant and uneventful journey back to Melbourne.

It is great to learn that you and your family have thoroughly enjoyed your time at Angsana Bintan. I am particularly happy to read that you felt our Resort, its services and facilities such as our kid’s club, the option of borrowing one of our many DVDs, our Pool and the set-up of our beach restaurant allowed everyone to be comfortable. Especially we are pleased that you felt well taken care of by our associates. Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging feedback which shall only spur us to keep improving on our services and facilities.

Once again, thank you very much for having selected Angsana Bintan as your Resort of choice for your recent family vacation.

We are looking forward to having you and the family with us here in Bintan again soon and in the meantime I wish you a great day!

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

We totally enjoyed our stay. We were in the Deluxe Queen and the bed was so comfortable, my husband slept a full 12 hours. I especially loved the lemongrass aromatherapy oils. It was so calming and soothing. I loved the view from the room and the towels were very clean and plush.
The dinner buffet was a little disappointing in terms of its spread of food, but the seafood satays were tasty and very fresh. We loved the breakfast buffet and felt that the spread and quality of food were commendable.
Loved the beach and the pool. The beach was well kept. Liked the fact that there were wash areas to wash off the sand and dirt before entering the hotel grounds.
The service was great. We felt really taken care of: from check-in till check out. My son loved the lemongrass drink that was served during checkin. We also appreciated that Angsana did the preboarding for our return ferry trip and we were given our boarding passes upon checkout.
All in all, it was a great weekend getaway and our whole family enjoyed our stay immensely.

Dear CSYC

Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your review with us here on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to read that you have felt comfortable in your Deluxe Room and I am glad the quality of our bed has provided your husband with a good rest. It is nice also to learn that our little signature touches such as the aromatherapy oils have not gone unnoticed. Once again thank you so much for your encouragement here.

I would like to share that our Executive chef and his team were very happy to receive your good marks on the breakfast as well as on the fresh seafood satays. However we are very sorry if you found our dinner buffet spread a bit disappointing and would like to assure you that our Kitchen team is certainly looking on improving it.

We would love to have you and your family back with us at Angsana Bintan again and are looking forward to the opportunity of being of service to you in the future.

Have a good day!

Campbelltown, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We were looking for a few days break in our busy Singapore holiday so we tookma high speed ferry to Bintan. The ferry service was excellent and for a few dollars extra you get Emerald class which gives you a lounge, upstairs with with deck access and comfy aircraft style style seats, well worth it.
We had an Angsana suite, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom. Well laid out and with direct access to the pool. The room was a bit tired and in need of updating but very comfortable and clean.
The staff were terrific, I could not fault their service and friendliness. I had heard bad things about the beach but it was a pleasant surprise, clean, white sand, and plenty of shaded seating. Sure you need the bug spray at night and jellyfish can be an issue at times but that is the same in the Australian tropics so no surprise.
A great place if you want to relax and do nothing, which is exactly what we wanted.
The food was ok but a bit repetitive , but that often happens when you are in the one place for 5 days. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, a special thanks to assistant executive manager Serge who made sure that our minor hiccups were just that.

Dear valued Guest

I trust you have had a pleasant journey back to Australia.

Thank you for your time and effort to share your experience and impressions of your recent family vacation at Angsana Bintan on TripAdvisor. It was a great pleasure to having you here with us.

Your kind words and praise on our associates has been a great encouragement for all of us and I am very happy to learn you were throughout pleased with the service and friendliness you have encountered here. We are indeed very proud of our staff and do not miss to share praise such as the one we have received from your good self with them.

I am also pleased to read that you have appreciated the beauty and cleanliness of our beach. As a matter of fact we are truly blessed with this pristine, private stretch of beach and are making effort to ensure it stays this way. I am also pleased to inform you that we have finally been able to remove the Jelly Fish warnings these days. In addition the amount of mosquitoes and bugs has been drastically reduced through a new measure & schedule of spraying, fogging and beach raking.

I have also taken note of your comments regarding the appearance of your Angsana Suite. I have followed up on the mentioned Suite with Engineering and Housekeeping to identify on the areas in need of touch up and improvement. Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls and the inconveniences they might have caused you during your stay.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to beautiful Bintan and in the meantime I wish you a good day!

Best regards
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

3rd trip to Angsana and 5th to Bintan - no better place to stay - Serge was very welcoming with a lovely bottle of wine - staff are lovely so attentive without being intrusive.
Weather was fantastic and the beach great, the water is so clear, fish swimming around our legs. We just wanted 8 days of reading and swimming and relaxing and we got it - really you have to go to experience, there is not really anything to do at night except walk the beach in the moonlight - if that is the sort of holiday you are after go for it !!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

I've just spent a few days at the Angsana Resort & Spa in Bintan beginning of this month and can hardly fault anything. Its a short 45 minutes ferry trip from Singapore's Tanah Merah Ferry terminal, and once you passed the Indonesian Immigration (a bit of a hassle, try to leave the ferry quickly in order to avoid long waiting time) you will find the Angsana & Banyantree booth and this is were your Angsana experience will start. You will be greeted by friendly staff who will escort you to your transfer bus (designated Angsana Bus). I had the chance to be taken to the Angsana property in a nice VIP car - lucky me!! Once arrived at the property you are taken to your room immediately, which is neat and clean, not breathtaking....but who will book Angsana Bintan to spend days inside the room. People who set great value on the room are surely advised to book a room at the Angsana's sister property Banyantree - which is situated in the same bay but has rooms on top of the cliffs (breathtaking views) and apparently nicer rooms (at higher price that is). I had a room at the far end of the Hotel, so it felt like I was pretty much on my own. Room service was awesome and the reception works very efficiently, whenever I rang them up it took just 5 minutes to get things done. Nothing was too big a hassle for them.
Pool Area is great but be advised that there are a lot of kids running around (great for families) if you wish to have a bit of quietness, just go down to the beach, and you'll easily find a quiet spot.
The best thing about Angsana Bintan was the bay, it is very very clean, there is no comparison to any other beach in Indonesian waters, which tend be all spoiled and full of plastic garbage. I cannot imagine the work load to keep the bay clean. The whole bay belongs to Angsana and Banyantree, so you really feel your getting away from all the hassle. I did book an ATV ride, don't ask just book it, totally worth the money. The best way to feel like James Bond for at least 30 Minutes of your life ;-).
The other two great things to mention about Angsana is the Spa, which lives up very much to its famous reputation, and the many dining options. I really did fancy the food at Pantai grill, located at the beach. Great service, I had a few complains (very picky with drinks!) and everything was handled promptly and to my great satisfaction. We also had dinner at the Cove, one of Banyantree's restaurants which is located 'on' the cliffs, with great Mediterranean food, lovely service and great Wine options. Unfortunately I did not have enough time to try out the other Banyantree restaurants as I ran out of time (don't we always...) but I would have loved to try out all the different restaurants...a great place where you can eat different foods every day while you still enjoy being surrounded by a remote and relaxing beach/jungle area.
I would like to give special thanks to Mr Jamal Hussain (AGM of Banyantree and Angsana Bintan) and Mr Serge Ditesheim (EAM of the Angsana Bintan) for their warm welcome and friendship shared at my time in Angsana. I highly recommend Angsana Bintan - its a perfect getaway to rest your mind and recharge your batteries!! I'm keeping me fingers crossed to be back soon!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear ElliChester

I trust you have had a safe and uneventful journey back to Switzerland.

First and foremost, please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for having stayed with us on your recent vacation and for having taken the time to write this detailed and certainly most encouraging review.

I am glad you have had such a wonderful stay here with us and I have certainly not missed to share your kind words with the team. It made everyone really proud and especially our service teams at the Pantai “Grill & Bar” and the “Cove” as well as our SPA team; were very happy to have received such high praise from your good self. It is further very encouraging to learn that you have found our beach to be very very clean. We are indeed blessed with a wonderful and pristine stretch of private beach and all efforts are made to keep it clean and pristine every day.

I am very happy to inform you that we are currently reviewing to upgrade our ATV machines; so the experience will become even more unforgettable in the future.
I certainly hope you will have the chance to return to Angsana Bintan again soon so you may try all the facilities you did not have time to visit during your most recent visit to Bintan.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon and in the meantime I wish you a good day!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

We went to Bintan for 4 days with our 3 children ages 5, 3 and 1. It was exactly what we wanted. A beautiful beach only steps away from the hotel. We stayed at the Angsana suite, with 2 bedrooms with our helper, it's very spacious, with a little garden and a deck to have our meals outside. The staff of the hotel were very kind. I only missed some kitchenware to prepare something simple for the kids to eat.. The suite has a kitchenette but it doesn't have any pan or anything. Also it's difficult to find a place to buy anything outside of the hotel. The closest store, 10 min away by shuttle bus, has little to buy and very overpriced.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for having shared your experience here on TripAdvisor.

It has been a joy for me to read that you and the family did find exactly what you had been looking for here at the Angsana Bintan. Thank you so much for your kind words on our associates. Our staff is and has always been our biggest asset and we are very proud of our people here indeed.

Thank you further for your constructive suggestions to provide kitchen ware in our Angsana Suites. I can certainly see the benefit especially when travelling with children and shall take this into consideration for future improvement..

Once again, thank you for having chosen to stay with us at Angsana Bintan and we would certainly be delighted to be of service to you again in the future.

Have a nice day!

sg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Have decided to stay at Angsana after reading reviews here and know what to expect.
-room after renovation but still not impressive at all but they will burn different oil at bathroom everyday and have nice balcony viewing beach and pool.
-Lucky we reserved the spa during hotel booking, it is a bit costly... but it is a heavenly experience, me and my husband are so glad we came. Thank Jasmine and Daisy for their wonderful service, i feel like she cares about me more than I do. We sure will come back for the treatment.
-Food is great, reasonable price and lots of choices and also can eat at Banyan tree, we tried the Cove, seating outdoor at night and it is fantastic.
-Beach is nice, pool is great but there is jellyfish so cannot enjoy ourselves in the beach so much.
-Overall service is excellent. But they could be careless and forgetful. e.g. I have $50 credit in my bill and they completely forgotten. Lucky my husband remind me before we left and we have to change the bill completely. When we have lunch at the grill, they forgot my soup and refill water and since the atmosphere is too good, you will just let it go.
We enjoy our time during the stay and will come back soon!
(but the reception desk is too high for Asian, the staff can only see my head and it is really tiring to tiptoe and talk to them)

Room Tip: I stay at 2nd floor but staff told me 4th floor room will be great.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear waichisg

Greetings from sunny Bintan!

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay with us at Angsana Bintan on your recent vacation. I am also very thankful to you for having taken the time to write this interesting review.

I am certainly happy to learn that you have had an overall delightful stay with us and that you have enjoyed eating at our many Food and Beverage outlets. Thank you so much for your kind words on our service quality and the encouraging praise for Ms. Jasmine and Ms. Daisy from the SPA. Both of the mentioned associates have received a personal thank you letter from our AVP/Regional Director SPA operations for their excellent contributions.

On the other hand, I have duly taken note of certain shortfalls that you have experienced during your stay and I would like to extend my unreserved apologies to you for any inconveniences that have been caused to you. The issues mentioned by your good self namely the mistake in billing and the service lapses you have experienced at our Pantai Grill and Bar have been discussed and shared during our Management meeting so that immediate improvements can be made. Once again – I am very sorry for the shortfalls here.

It would be lovely to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Angsana Bintan in the near future and in the meantime I wish you a good day!