We recently returned from Bintan, staying 4 nights at the Angsana in a 1 bedroom and 4 nights in Bintan Lagoon.
The Angsana is definitely overpriced, the rooms are poorly fitted out with extremely uncomfortable beds. The 1 bedroom provided a kitchen comprising of a microwave, 2 burner stove top and some cutlery and plates. There is a standard minibar fridge and no additional cookware or utensils proving any meal preparation difficult. Access to food items is also a problem as there are no supplies available on site and transportation is expensive. The resort charges US dollars for everything and offers limited facilites. The beach is attractive and well groomed with good sea sport facilities. The restaurant lacks inspiration although the food is a reasonable standard.
The resort staff are very professional and are always happy to help in a friendly and polite manner.
We personally will not be returning as the bed was so uncomfortable, we were not able to relax during our stay due to lack of sleep. The staff did try and provide additional padding but this did not rectify the problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beautiful white sands of Tanjong Said Bay and overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan in Indonesia is a heavenly retreat just 55 minutes away from Singapore via high-speed catamaran. Take in the tranquil island life as you are pampered by the finest in Asian hospitality amid the beauty of tropical flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Angsana Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Hotel Bintan
- Angsana Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands