Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Official Site$450
CheapTickets$553
FindHotel$659
2,474 results
All reviews on the rocks pool villa villa host ferry terminal buggy service buggy drivers villa bbq thai restaurant ocean view the south china sea day bed star resort beautiful resort service staff emerald class f b spa treatments
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I stayed at their Ocean View Villa which has big rooms with a private swimming pool and jacuzzi. It sits on top of a cliff and look out to the ocean, and the view was spectacular. Staff were very friendly and smiley during our stay. Breakfast at Top Tree were satisfactory although there is still room for improvement. Buggies are used to get from place to place and service is always fast. We also ate at The Cove for dinner. Food was very good overall although we had to sent one dish back. They were happy to recook it for us and the price is quite reasonable.
Some of the amenties are a bit run down and could use some renovation. However, the warm service and overall quality of the hotel do make up for it and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank ny1001
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Spent one night at this hotel in Bintan. The room we booked certainly wasn't one of the most expensive but the views it offered and the private hot tub were amazing. The only quam I had with this property is that it's been around for a while now and the fitting in the rooms (TV, music etc.) are very very dated. We had an old tiny CRT TV in our room after spending a fair amount of money on this room.

That being said, the property is stunning and the staff very helpful. The pools were excellent and water at the beach was very clear and nice.

Special note should be made of the effort they make to preserve the environment. I think we need more main stream hotels to make an effort like this.

All in all I would love to try another Banyan Tree property but, I can't do it too often on account of the price : )!

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank VH03
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The resort itself is the Gem, which includes the Villa ( The Sanctuary Pool Villa) with the most incredible, infinity pool overlooking the South China Sea. The resort is surrounded by and within the beautiful rain-forest which is home to exotic wildlife. The villa was beautifully furnished keeping within the Indonesian traditional furnishing, yet with the latest up to date amenities. The quality of linen and manchester was of very high quality and extremely clean. The bed was so comfortable we wish we could have brought it back home with us!! All the staff, from every sector, were at all times polite, friendly, capable and efficient, with the restaurant, housekeeping and buggy drivers staff taking out the No ! Award!! We were made to feel exceptionally special at all times. The house keeping staff attended to our every need, before we even asked and went to extra ordinary length to make our anniversary celebration extremely memorable. Thank you Banyan Tree Bintan Staff - one and all!

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Bintan is just a short ferry ride from Singapore and that makes it one of the top choices for a short break over a long weekend. We chose Banyan Tree and we did not regret it at all. This hotel sure knows how to pamper their guests. They provide limo service right at our house's doorstep to the ferry terminal and from the time you disembark from the ferry at Bintan, it was all the way 5 star service on their part. We loved our 2 bedroom Sanctuary pool villa that gives us a postcard view we often see in any Banyan Tree Bintan brochures. We tried their spa service at their spa pavilion and it was so good we wished we had booked another time slot but they were fully booked for that period we were there. We had room service a couple of times and the services were very fast and efficient, not forgetting to mention that their in room dining menu offers great choices to choose from. We dined at all of their restaurants- Saffron, Cove, Treetops and discovered they more than meet our expectation of a good 5 star restaurant. Even while writing our review now, we wished we were still in the hotel enjoying another fantastic short work break. Rest assured we will be back soon!

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kenneth1613
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Its brand name promises unadulterated luxury and service. Sadly, while the resort was more than comfortable (and possibly one of the better resorts I've stayed at), the experience was a little underwhelming for what I thought would be the epitome of indulgence that Banyan is often said to offer.

On a preliminary note, my stay at Banyan Bintan was at a heavy discount and as such, I cannot comment on matters such as price and value, suffice to say (and this is my personal opinion) that I would not pay full price to stay here.

Our group of 4 shared a 2 bedroom villa. The villa was spacious, with a beautiful pool overlooking the sea. One step into our villa and we were sold. We also loved the day beds which were perfect for languid lounging with a glass of wine or beer in hand. We enjoyed a lovely in-villa BBQ dinner prepared by a chef/waiter (gotta pay extra for this service, but money well spent unless you enjoy DIYing your BBQ and don't mind risking overcooking your meats!). Normal room service was fantastic as well and I must commend Banyan for that.

Rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious but this is the minimum standard to expect at any famous resort. We were not impressed however, with the odd smell in one of our bathrooms - a problem which was quickly attended to only to surface again the next morning, and with a vengeance. The air-conditioning unit in my bedroom was leaking.

While it may be easy to forget that the resort is actually in a forest, the sight of torn opened bags of chips and half-eaten fruits left outside the villa in the morning is sure to remind you that you are in fact in a forest together with wild animals. The monkeys sure had a party and a feast while we were sleeping. So please do not leave food and valuables outdoors! It would have been nice if the staff reminded us of this, even though it might seem like common sense not to leave food lying around.

The restaurants and even the pool aren't anything to shout about. I was also not terribly impressed by the normal villa for couples, the design looked slightly dated to me.

However, the service did make up for the little disappointments along the way. We were given a hospitality room to rest while we waited for the last ferry back to Singapore. This was a kind gesture, which we did appreciate very much. Also, the service staff were always friendly and smiley (even if they did forget our breakfast order of eggs in the morning).

Hope this review did not dampen your expectations of Banyan too much (I am somewhat critical or discerning, depending on how you look at it...). All in all however, if price is not an issue, Banyan Tree Bintan makes for a good and easy getaway from Singapore. I would however like to experience the other Banyan big boys before making a judgment on the entire group. I somehow feel that Banyan Bintan might not have done complete justice to the group.

Date of stay: September 2010