Recently stayed at this hotel and we had a great stay. Usually do not comment on hotel stays but I feel some of the reviews below are unfair on this property.
The staff were extremely friendly and all knew our names after a couple of days. Staff were dressed smartly in different traditional uniforms and although maybe lacking the experience of other 5 star hotel staff, they did go out of their way to help us.
We would recommend the yoga classes in private villas - incredible.
Would not recommend the hotel next door - Angsana. Has a nice pool but the food was pretty awful.
The insects did not really bother us. We did see a 6ft monitor lizard though which was pretty creepy.
The Cove restaurant seemed to have the best food for our tastes in the Banyan Tree. Although wines were an extortionate price (I suppose they did have to be shipped from Europe).
If you are looking for a relaxing quiet stay then this is the place but if you are looking for incredible luxury then you may look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands