The Banyan Tree Bintan is a wonderful and relaxing destination - we have been twice and will go again many times.
Rooms: We have stayed in a Bungalow on the rocks on both our visits. The position and views are fantastic and you often get a pleasant sea breeze on the terrace area. We ind it relaxing just to sit on the terrace area all morning. Our friends stayed in a garden bungalow which although nice had more insects etc on the terrace area. The pool villas also look very attractive.
Food: One of the things we like is the choice available for dinner with 3 on site restaurants. The Thai restaurant is excellent, although seating is indoors. The terrace of the main restaurant is our favourite dinner location. The room service is also very good - we had the in room BBQ which is especially good.
Swimming Pool: The pool area is very relaxing and even with the hotel fully booked was never overrun.
Golf: The golf course is a good test. Condition is not perfect, but very playable. If you are willing to play early morning or late afternoon it is also very quiet. I played a number of times at 7am on my own and was finished by 9am in time for breakfast with my wife. The caddies are all very helpful and worth using. I also played with my wife in the late afternoon - she is learning and the quiet nature of the course was very helpful.
Spa: My wife tells me that the spa is excellent and the prices were very competitive with other similar level hotels.
Staff and Service: Service was always very good and efficient. If you wanted something the response was always very fast.
Access: A 45 minute ferry and 10 minute car ride from Singapore allows this hotel to be combined easily with a few days in Singapore. I would strongly recommend seas sickness tablets for the crossing even if it looks flat in the ferry marina as it is often very bumpy at sea – you can buy tablets in the shop at the ferry terminal. (Golf shop in the ferry terminal is also good value as is the duty free alcohol.)
Value: This is one of the best value Banyan Tree hotels and for the quality of hotel we think is very well priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands