Me, my 2 yr daughter , my mom stayed in seafront villa 104. 1.When we checked in, staffs are so busy to greet and one lady staff showed us one reception room to sit in where everyone was sitting, she didn't mind whether we got a place to
2. Getting a buggy is longer than waiting for food we ordered.72 villas but only few buggies.
3. Staffs : personally feel they are overloaded with work, so chance to smile or talk to us who are over excited about the stay. I feel hospitality is just 10% which lots of improvement. No bond which u advertise.i m a person who talk in reception , explore more things and get to know them and their family even. But here, no talks jus straight answers to what we ask.
4. Booked in banyan resorts for main reason for doin the rainforest spa. To my shock, they say no therapist despite u have 4 spa villAs exclusively for this. I asked for rejuvenate spa , they say not available. So spa menu is big but only few services.
5. Food: saffron was really good taste. Cove is italian by name. I have been to italy. So I know italian standards. price, even America restaurants can't beat.
6. Safety: I was staying a seafront villa with a bed room down the villa.( basically two floored). My mom wished to stay down alone. In that room windows are full length, of which one window door Is repaired. Imagine how I felt when I have 2 yr old daughter and jus it's a jungle and sea beneath the repaired window.
After the first room service, when we came I seriously gave up when u saw my suitcase was open thru zip with zip keys still locked. Thank god I didn't keep any valuable in it.
My mom said she heard knock at her door second night for nearly an hour( she was so afraid she told me only after reaching singapore). She was afraid to open the door. There is no phone or intercom between rooms which unacceptable. What if some thief came in or if they not feeling well.?? How can communicate?
7. When we checked out, the person billing asked us to pay for a coke which was not kept when we came in. It's not easy to pay 5usd for the drink we didn't have. It means it was not checked properly when we checked in.
8. Drivers: drivers are not friendly, may be don't know English. Not even smiling. We don't expect guide atleast please talk we don't about bintan!!!
9. Gallery: getting products from Thailand and pricing 30 fold money is extreme.
10. Expensive: staying for 3 days 2 nights and paying 3000 usd is too much.
11. Good things
- spa treatment ( did rain mist finally)
- saffron food
- access from singapore
12. Beach after 7 is very lonely . Not even one staff around. Felt really unsafe.
My comment will not affect a such a big resort but can surely of help a few I guess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands