I stayed here for 2 nights on the recommendation of a friend. It was just like being in paradise.
I stayed in a sea view villa with its own outdoor jacuzzi and small pool, villa 510. It was so quiet and secluded, I just spent most of the time relaxing on my lounger and reading
The staff couldn't have been more friendly or accommodating. I was always ordering a buggy to take me from one place to another ant they didn't seem to mind. This also has it's downfall, as my villa was a long way from the library, restaurants, pool and spa. It was just too hot and humid during the day to do the hike and a night it was pretty dark with all the night time wildlife out. So it was actually an effort to go to the pool for a swim, at 20 minutes walk from your villa
My air conditioning wasn't working one evening, but they sent maintenance straight away and my room was cool again in 30 minutes
The food was ok, not superb but pretty good, although it was expensive. It was nice to eat breakfast outside and they served until 10.30am so plenty of time for a lie in
One evening they brought dinner to my villa and set up the table outside. This saved me the hike to the restaurant
Transfers were quick and reliable, just email the hotel before you arrive. It's only 25$ return trip and they sort out your boarding pass for the return trip. I even left my mobile charging in the library but they brought it to me within 15 minutes and before the ferry left
This really is luxury in paradise, but it doesn't come cheap, but I suppose you get what you pay for, peace and tranquility. You really don't need to come into contact with other guests, if you want to be completely alone. You can get a reasonable deal, if you shop around
Try out the spa, I can highly recommend it
If I had been there longer, I would have tried out some of the day trips
All this and only 45 minutes by a comfortable ferry from Singapore. But make sure you take lots of insect repellant. The Mosquitos are ferocious!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands