My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful weekend. I wanted to surprise my husband but ended up getting pleasantly surprised myself!
Lovely room set-up, service was truly impeccable, view of the ocean was breath-taking (Villa on the rocks), the spa treatment was amazing (Esther is a very skilled masseuse), breakfast buffet at The Tree Tops was delectable and was a good spread but all in all, the villa was luxurious and well-maintained.
However we felt that the food quality needs to be seriously improved to justify the hefty price tag. We had lunch at The Tree Tops and Thai for dinner at Saffron and was not too impressed with the taste (especially at Saffron).
We were thankful for the private pool in the villa but it would have been better if it was cleaned before we checked in. There were leaves and dirt in the pool which was not too enticing for me (but my husband did not mind at all).
The public pool near the beach was lovely and we spent much of the mornings lounging in the sun. However it would have been nice to have some background music being played (like those in the spa). I must say the service staff at the pool were very attentive to our needs.
Will we ever consider going again? Definitely, but, we may not eat in unless it comes with the package.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands