This was my first Banyan Tree experience and I was very impressed.
It's worth paying the extra to be picked up by the hotel you find yourself rather glamorously rushed through immigration and straight into a waiting car. The resort is spread out over a large plot of land but you can call a buggy for a lift at any time. For this reason the resort feels very private and each villa secluded.
I was blown away by the size of our villa. I had opted for the cheapest room and had no idea it would come with a lovely outdoor jacuzzi. The room is gorgeous Indonesian style with a high straw ceiling & filled with signature banyan tree smells. Yes, if I was being picky, the bathroom was a little bit tired but other than that - no complaints.
There are 2 pools, we stayed at the one by the beach which was never that busy. Service is excellent and included a free ice cream by the pool.
There is a smallish stretch of beach shared with the Angsana which is nice for a stroll. Whilst the Banyan Tree is catering towards couples looking for a quiet time, I think the Angsana would be more family friendly.
Food overall was good but our absolute highlight was the degustation menu at Saffron - simply one of the best meals I have eaten.
I would recommend Bintan for those looking for a quiet getwaway for along weekend. The Banyan Tree was perfect for relaxation and I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands