We've stayed at the Banyan Tree in Bintan annually over the past 4 years for long weekend getaways from Singapore. The hotel property and surrounding gardens are really lovely - one of the very best in all of southeast asia. A little surprising though that the staff don't seem to remember us although they are all very friendly. The rooms are nice - I think the best beds in asia but some of the rooms are showing some age (the day bed in our room had very noticeable stains). This stay, we rented 2 sea view pool villas (one for my husband and me and another for our 14 yr old daughter and her friend). Our room was unfortunately near the main road and was a little noisy late at night and in the early morning. The sunset view was nice though and we enjoyed the patio. I highly recommend Saffron for dinner, the Thai restaurant - really great food and nice service - they have a "rice master"! A key bit of constructive feedback that really needs to be evaluated is the check in process: it is ridiculously slow (more than 30 min). For a first time guest, they might think it's charming (with the welcome drink and delicious mint cool towel) however this is way too long - especially after a 55 min ferry ride and a late check in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands