Both Banyan and Bintan were a first for us, recently recommended as an extension of our trip to Singapore, one of our firm favourite destinations. Prebook Emerald Class on the Ferry, it makes travel, comfort and customs a breeze.
Our Villa on the Rocks was gorgeous, our complimentary upgrade to the THE ultimate pool villa left us breathless!
Friends wanted to know more about the island and what it offers, we said we will check it out next time, our villa was our ultimate hide out!
The staff, restaurants, in room dining, transfers, ambience, spa - we could not fault a thing.
We played golf twice: Laguna Beach course at the hotel is expensive and not in nearly the good shape compared to exquisite Rio Bintan Golf Course.
It would be good if the hotel could offer guidelines on tipping. It is a pleasure to tip, as the service is always effortless and with a smile, but it would help to have an idea of when and how much. Also if it there is a "tipping pool" at the end of a stay, so that everyone can share in the spoils.
We needed a Doctor during our stay, and that was also arranged effortlessly and with good advice.
Thank you Banyan, Wim and Erika loved it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Singapore lies a sweep of brilliant Indonesian islands, the most spectacular of which are found in the Riau Archipelago. Bintan Island has long been one of the region's most popular destinations. Banyan Tree Bintan occupies 240 hectares on the sea front and is comprised of 72 villas modeled on traditional Balinese architecture, all beautifully located in virgin forest. The resort's Jacuzzi villas have jacuzzis built into their sun decks whilst the two-bedroom pool villas have their own plunge or swimming pools and are particularly suitable for families. Culinary variety is the name of the game with "Crossroads" offering Western cuisine in an air-conditioned or al fresco setting while the Saffron Restaurant serves Thai and South East Asian specialties. You can also dine in your own villa - simply order from the a la carte menu or make a selection from the BBQ dinners cooked in front of your eyes. The new food and beverage outlet, "The Cove," is modern and up-tempo; Mediterranean cuisine is prepared here to perfection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Banyan Tree Bintan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Banyan Tree Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Banyan Tree
- Banyan Tree Bintan Bintan Island, Riau Islands