“Beyond my expectations.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bintan Island
Bintan Sayang Resort
Ranked #7 of 16 Bintan Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have been to Bintan Sayang for several times and the last time I was there is around October last year with some of my cousins. The reasons why I visited there for a few times are simple, the resort provides what I want, I paid cheaper price but I got what beyond my expectations.

The very first thing I would like to share is the room, especially the bed and pillow. It had been quite some time since I slept well before staying in a room there. I never realised that I had slept until 11 in the morning without anyone waking me up. Really!! Thinking about that makes me wanna go back there again to relax and have a very nice sleep. I can even recall it till now^^

From what i know and some reviews that I read, Bintan Sayang is a more suitable place for relaxing. I totally agree with it, though. However, relaxing itself doesn't merely mean we only eat, sleep, eat and sleep again. This resort does provide a number of facilities and activities such as kayaking, karaoke, massage, the Great swimming pool, volley ball, bicycle rental and etc. These activities served as a form of relaxing for me, though. Same to you, too?? Also, the seafood there is good, too. I can't wait to go back and eat the fresh Gong Gong, always my fav. Thinking about it makes me drooling..........

More importantly, the staffs there were very helpful and sincere when we needed helps from them. and probably, this is one of the points that will bring me back again sooner or later.

That's all I can share from my visits. I had great time there. I can't wait to be back again for relaxing, especially the great sleep I had and the steamed gong gong......

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank megg27
Bintan_Sayang, General Manager at Bintan Sayang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Hi Heartofautumn,

Firstly, let us thank you for supporting Bintan Sayang Resort.

We greatly appreciate your effort in writing review and sharing your experiences with us. We are delighted that our staffs are able to satisfy you and you and your family have a great time and relax holiday.

It is you, Heartofautumn, our guests that drive us to do our best and compliments like yours help a lot. Once again thank you for continual support of Bintan Sayang Resort.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Bintan Sayang is like home for me and my sis. Very relaxing place. Service is good. Why basically away from the busy life Jakarta has to offer. One of the best thing i love about this place is the room, bed, pillow and also the swimming pool. Very comfort and make me don’t wanna wake up hahaha..We did activities of going down to the sea to find little crabs and shells from the mud during low tides. It was my first experience.. Very fun!! Next thing I look out for every time I go to Bintan Sayang is the FOOD. I love the Mie Goreng.

See u soon Bintan Sayang…

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EddySugianto

Hi Eddysugianto,
Firstly, let us thank you for supporting Bintan Sayang Resort.

We greatly appreciate your effort in writing review and sharing your experiences with us. We are delighted that you have enjoyed the resort and having a wonderful and relax holiday at our place.

It is you, Eddy, our guests that drive us to do our best and compliments like yours help a lot. Once again thank you for continual support of Bintan Sayang Resort. We look forward to your visit again!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Hi, I also read all the reviews and thought I had done my research. We went with our two boys 3 and 5 years for a relaxing long weekend. package of SG$333 net including ferry transfers, massage, kayaking, market town tour and two lunches, dinner and 2 nights board. we were happy with the room, bed and general cleanliness. However, over the two days- we had three large cockroaches pay us a visit. I wasn't perturbed when I read this issue from another review, but the rooms are generally dark and whilst watching a movie at night with all the lights off- can be quite surprising when you see something scuttling across the room. Also for one son, we had organised an extra bed- we though this would be a mattress on rollers- but it was on the floor- therefore causing us more stress than normal re: the cockroaches.

Furthermore, I am note sure the level for food quality to expect in the next door restaurant, but I did expect higher when reading the previous reviews. The food is very bad quality, oily and 2nd day breakfast had two insects in it. When I told/showed the waiter- he showed the kitchen ladies- who just laughed. I explained this to the hotel and unfortunately, later at night our dinner was no better... looked and tasted of dog doings. My older son suffered diarrhoea all night therefore we checked out early today and left the island. The food here is very very local- no fresh fruit or western options. Mostly fried nuggets of some kind of low qual meat. The restaurant itself has a nice view out but so local and basic it is hard to eat here and expect any ambience especially as the kitchen staff seem to just hang around smoke and watch movies on their mobile phones.

While the staff in the restaurant were of low grade, the hotel staff were pleasant and helpful as possible. Even though our cockroach problem remained throughout the two days. The hotel is very far away from any western amenities - for example a market with fresh fruit and supplies. To get anywhere you need to use the taxi service for at least 16$ an hour or 38$ for three hours to go to the proper resort area.

We did not have the relaxing getaway we hoped for....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank gouri9

Hi Gouri9,

First thank you for visiting Bintan Sayang over for your family trip.

We are very sorry and sincerely apologies for your son discomfort after having the meal at the restaurant and the service which made you feel upset does not meet your expectations when staying with us.

I understand the service you have received from restaurant is quite different from the resort side due to its different management between kelong restaurant and Bintan Sayang.

We have noted the comments on the food quality and as well for the cockroach issue on it.

We can assured you that we will convey the food quality to the respective team and provide training for the restaurant staffs.

As for the pest control case, we have implemented necessary prevention and increase in pest controller visit.

We will seriously work hard in this issue to prevent further uncomfortable for the entire guest staying with us.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and we value your feedback and agree that there is always room for improvement for which we promise never to stop trying.

It is guest like you that drive us to do our best.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My partner and I were there on the 16/02/2012 to 17/02/2012 for a 2d1n weekend getaway.

We signed up for the couple package at 208SGD nett which is inclusive of land transfers, city tour (Uban) and an hour of massage each and food (lunch, dinner and breakfast). The return ferry trips were at 67SGD each.

I'd say that we were very surprised by the quality and quantity of the lunch and dinner (included) provided at the restarant. For lunch, we went with the default menu which is a 6 course meal with hot plate tofu, stir fried chicken, sambal kangkong, fried sotong, butter prawns and gonggong (a type of shellfish). For beverage, we went with the local coconut.

For dinner, we chose our own dishes. And we had a Teochew style steamed garoupa and hotplate beef.

The seafood's fresh and good. And is easily one of the highlight of our stay.

The sea villa is the best accomodation they have. The room is spacious, warm and cozy. There are two rooms in each villa and they have a private balcony for each villa And since we have no neighbours, we had the whole balcony to ourselves.

We didn't went for the city tour and neither have we tried the massage (good according to the previous reviews).

In conclusion, this destination is private, has kampong vibe, is value for money, have good seafood and finally, great efficient service. The whole place doesn't shout luxury, but it's comfortable enough. *Note that the restaurants and the reception do accept SGD. But note that if one chooses to embark on the city tour, the vendors from the small town accepts Rupiah.

We will recommend Bintan Sayang's Sea villa for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank stellalim
Bintan_Sayang, General Manager at Bintan Sayang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Hi Stellalim,
Firstly, let us thank you for supporting Bintan Sayang Resort.

We greatly appreciate your effort in writing review and sharing your experiences with us. We are delighted that our staffs are able to satisfy you and you have a wonderful and relax holiday.

It is you, Stella, our guests that drive us to do our best and compliments like yours help a lot. Once again thank you for continual support of Bintan Sayang Resort.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

As other reviews have said, this is a place to just relax. The only activities available are kayaking and fishing. The rooms are built over the sea so fishing is possible from your private balcony during high tide. During low tide, the entire bay is dry and you can walk on the sea floor. Even though it's right next to the sea, there's no beach at the resort. The two beach volleyball courts are actually inland and made with nice beach sand. Snorkeling and other off-shore activities were not available to us as it was the monsoon season.

We were there on a weekday during the off-peak season and were the only few guests and literally had the whole resort to ourselves. There are deck chairs and hammocks scattered around the lagoon for relaxing and enjoying the view and breeze. And there's no WiFi or any crowd or activities to distract your rest. In other words you're forced to relax and do nothing! Transport can be arranged to do into town or back to Bintan Resorts but in a way it defeats the purpose and cost of staying here.

Well there's also eating and the only accessible food is at the seafood restaurant next door. The must try are the mussels, cockles, and gong gong and the juices. Not the best cooking in taste but the freshness of the seafood makes up for it. Prices are all in SGD and is the same as typical "zi cha" prices in Singapore.

The service of the staff is excellent though only the receptionists can converse in English. The resort and rooms are clean. The other reviewer's comment on finding cockroaches might just be an unlucky isolated incident as we did not encounter any bugs nor excessive mosquitoes. The in-room massage is really good and one of the best we have had.

The entire ambiance of the resort is really peaceful and tranquil. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a complete getaway.

Room Tip: Our sea-villa is the furthest out at sea on a breakwater and you can hear the crashing waves when th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank WelcomB
Bintan_Sayang, General Manager at Bintan Sayang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Hi WelcomB,
Firstly, let us thank you for supporting Bintan Sayang Resort.

It is you, WelcomB, our guests that drive us to do our best and compliments like yours help a lot. Once again thank you for continual support of Bintan Sayang Resort.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is by far one of the best place for city getaway. it's far from the city centre, surrounded by nature and unexploited by many tourists. If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing trip, Bintan Sayang is highly recommended. Stayed in one of their sea villas and hands down to the massive rooms and private balconies. The staff was warm and friendly and the swimming pool was very clean, which in the end turned up to be the place where me and my friend spent the most time in. We didn't plan much or I'd say at all for this trip, so i thought all we gotta was suntanning. The staff was helpful and immediatwly we learnt that there are things we can do within the resort proximity such as kayaking (free of charge), snorkelling, rides to the city centre and bars. There's a seafood restaurant next to the villa and to my surprise the food was fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Hi Yvonne I,

Firstly, let us thank you for supporting Bintan Sayang Resort.

It is you, Yvonne I, our guests that drive us to do our best and compliments like yours help a lot. Once again thank you for continual support of Bintan Sayang Resort.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Resort is away from rest of lagoi resorts. Is closer to nature and simple to take a break from the busy city. We took the Sea Villa room for 3D2N with a reasonable rate for Bintan resort. It was spacious and comfortable, especially like to slack during the afternoon at the back balcony of the Sea Villa. It's really relaxing time there and to get away from online. Surrounding environment is so great, peace and relax. Can even go hunt for clams and small crabs during low tide.

For food wise, the rates come with breakfast. It was simple and nice Indonesian style, maybe the resort can include some of western food like cereals, omelette or sausages. The resort has a kelong restaurant beside it. We can either eat in the restaurant or go on their city tour during evening time for local foods. At the kelong restaurant, they served fresh seafood, that are reasonable price. For 4 paxs, we ordered crab, lobster, gong gong, clams, veg and drinks cost around S$50 plus.

For their service wise, quite personal and friendly. We have enjoyed the service there. Their in-room massage was really cheap and good. Only that they should include some of spa packages if not it will be great.

I am sure to come back to this place again for the price I had paid for! Keep it up!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family