This is a beautiful little place in the East coast of Bintan island. If you want to get away from the busy resorts of Lagoi, their tanker and ships views and the Singaporean and unadapted expat crowds, this is a great place.
The pluses: It is secluded, and it has a very nice beach. The staff is very friendly, but you need to make an effort to talk to them, as they try to respect your privacy, and the owner is a remarkable individual.
The minuses: WARNING every minus has a reason (most of it): it is far, but this is the price you pay for seclusion. There are too many mosquitos and sand flies, and the repellent just does not work too well. The price of the food is Singaporean standard, but you are at a beautiful beach surrounded by nature.
Suggestions: Take one of the deluxe rooms, facing the ocean. Bring a lot of stong deet repellant. Meet the staff. Meet Mark
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional village style guest house located on 8 hectares of coconut plantation with private beach facing the South China Sea... Great home cooked food... Aroma River Spa treatments in a soothing natural mangrove environment... Rediscover the luxury of doing just nothing, with a relaxing simplicity... Choice of basic Pondok Standard pavilions or more private Pondok Plus pavilions for 2 guests, the new River House perfect for honeymooners and the Spa Villa suite for up to 4 guests... Now connected to the electricity grid... This is the real Bintan experience, off the beaten track! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Mutiara Beach Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mutiara Beach Guesthouse Hotel Bintan
- Mutiara Beach Guesthouse Bintan Island, Riau Islands