“Not worth to stay. Bad experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Harbour Bay Amir

Harbour Bay Amir
Ranked #76 of 90 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Not worth to stay. Bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights,Check in was very slow, the slowest that I ever seen. Room cleaniness very poor, no bath towels had to call them twice to send over, no bathroom mat, room feel so dusty that causes me & husband wheezing badly for the 2 nights & husband couldnt sleep well dust casuing him to have itchy throat & nose wheezing the whole night.
I personally feel that a hotel's spa & massage service is one of the major profit of the hotel as well, while waiting for check in, I happen to walk around to browse around & saw the banner of the spa, there was some pamplets I picked up & tried to read about their packages that they offer but to my surprise it wasn't written in ENGLISH but was in INDONESIA language which I believe most of the guests will not be able to understand, therefore I decide to call them since there was contact number when I have check in to our room, again disappointment, I called there was quite a rude lady who answered the phone when I spoke in ENGLISH, the lady answered me said" Madam, no speak english, can I speak Indonesia language?" I was speechless! I called the reception side seeking for help but the receptionist transfer me back to the same rude lady who could not understand me at all. Lastly I decide to go down the spa reception to book an appointment, it was in the afternoon when I book it for a night time spa session which is at 9pm.

I reached the spa at 8.45pm with no one at the reception expecting me, I saw a malay lady sitting there, she told me she just arrive at about 8pm & the therapist told her to wait for 1 hour before she can be attended, that only therapist went ahead to serve another guest who walk in together with malay lady who was waiting there at the reception. Isnt prior appointment should be attended first in my mind I thought to myself, I walked around looking for someone to attend me to but no avail... I guess this time my limits are really up, I went straight down to the hotel reception & request to see the hotel manager who was on duty, I told him everything about my unhappiness & requested him to follow me to the spa where he can see that there is no one at the reception & the lady who was still patiently waiting there.

He shakes his head upon seeing such scenarios, calls the person in charge & the hassle starts, their therapists complaining that not enough manpower, very tired etc etc in front of us & still wanted to serve me after that with such unhappiness, I decide to cancel my session without further ado, I see no point at all by then

I seriously hope that the hotel management will really do something to improve the quality of the hotel.

In room:

NO haridryer
NO fridge
Cleaniness is the utmost important for your guests comfort stay.

Room service was promised in 30 minutes time but I waited for 1.5 hours they called up after waiting for 1 hour to confirm my food orders!

Staff friendlyness is really good... but the rest...is for you guys to judge...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Esther2709

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I have never written a bad review ever but i have to admit, this is by far the worst hotel.
With the price i paid, i can actually get a better one.

-Superior room-
No wifi. Only at lobby
No fridge
No hair dryer.
Hair at bathtub
Check in is slow.

I queued for the check in but no one assist me. I have to flagged my litenary to catch their attention. And they will just ask u this?
"Check in? "
"Yes"
And will ask u to wait and wait while they attend and pass keys to the rest who obviously didnt queued. Man in white, the manager i suppose, is super not friendly!
No system. Dont care if u come first or last.

A let down for me. Will not recommend!
Just choose some other hotels There's a lot of other hotel near harbour bay ferry terminal.

And this! *Carrefour at harbourbay mall is closed so the nearest supermarket is at dc mall or Bcs mall.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Zeezuuaki

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

15/12/2012
Stay for a day.good service.the room we had was superior wif king size bed.the room is average.breakfast n room service is ok..worth the money.will come again cos its affordable n worth the money.3star hotel..so why must expect it so high as if its was 5star hotel???

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank TashaJuan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was in batam for a night, was there on a business trip. I have had already booked a room at another hotel but somehow they had my booking mixed up and did not have me on their list. I then took a cab to the nearest hotel and came upon Amir Hotel. I check in and the rate for walk in was 398,000 rupiah and I thought it was cheap. I wanted just the standard room and was attracted by the signing of President Susilo on a marble display. When I head up to my floor in a dismay I found that the walls of the corridor was peeling and filled with trays of after meals on the floor. As I entered the room, I found there was no amenities not even free coffee bags just a thermos to warm up bottled water. The next morning it was raining hard as I prepare to take a shower, when I open the closet to take my clothes, the walls was running with water and the floors were wet. I never had such a bad experience as this. The breakfast buffet which is included does not have bread of any kind and the buffet was at its minimal. Will not return, do not recommend.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Husni m
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My partner and I decided to have a weekend get away via groupons and this is the hotel that we got. Everywhere is smoking area which is a terrible idea for non smokers like and most especially the kids who was there as well. Ther room was the worst. No ref to begin with. Cobwebs on the cielings. The restroom has screws on the floor. The vicinity going out is not secured. So dark on since its construction areas. No wifi in the rooms and only in the lobby which is so slow.

Room Tip: Do not choose the hotel at all.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gaywanderer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stay for a night and we opt for business executive.. Trying out as recommend by friends.. We request for non smoking room bt were given smoking room.. Its ok and we didnt really check as we are heading out for spa n shopping and when we return we are shocked to found cigarette buds in the toilet and complimentary coffee was already use bt they didnt replace or clear it! When we lodge a complaint no action was taken. We insist fr explanation but was given a discount for our next visit.. We declined as for sure not gonna return back to this hotel.. Hotel need a revamp!!

• Stayed November 2012
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

These people that complain obviously don't travel much in Indonesia. I havee stayed twice at this hotel and i have no complaints at all, my rooms have always been clean and the staff have alsways been friendly and respectful, but i always treat them with respect as well. get real people this is very good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo