“Bad experience” 1 of 5 stars

Harbour Bay Amir
Ranked #73 of 90 Hotels in Batam
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was in batam for a night, was there on a business trip. I have had already booked a room at another hotel but somehow they had my booking mixed up and did not have me on their list. I then took a cab to the nearest hotel and came upon Amir Hotel. I check in and the rate for walk in was 398,000 rupiah and I thought it was cheap. I wanted just the standard room and was attracted by the signing of President Susilo on a marble display. When I head up to my floor in a dismay I found that the walls of the corridor was peeling and filled with trays of after meals on the floor. As I entered the room, I found there was no amenities not even free coffee bags just a thermos to warm up bottled water. The next morning it was raining hard as I prepare to take a shower, when I open the closet to take my clothes, the walls was running with water and the floors were wet. I never had such a bad experience as this. The breakfast buffet which is included does not have bread of any kind and the buffet was at its minimal. Will not return, do not recommend.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Husni m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My partner and I decided to have a weekend get away via groupons and this is the hotel that we got. Everywhere is smoking area which is a terrible idea for non smokers like and most especially the kids who was there as well. Ther room was the worst. No ref to begin with. Cobwebs on the cielings. The restroom has screws on the floor. The vicinity going out is not secured. So dark on since its construction areas. No wifi in the rooms and only in the lobby which is so slow.

Room Tip: Do not choose the hotel at all.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gaywanderer

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stay for a night and we opt for business executive.. Trying out as recommend by friends.. We request for non smoking room bt were given smoking room.. Its ok and we didnt really check as we are heading out for spa n shopping and when we return we are shocked to found cigarette buds in the toilet and complimentary coffee was already use bt they didnt replace or clear it! When we lodge a complaint no action was taken. We insist fr explanation but was given a discount for our next visit.. We declined as for sure not gonna return back to this hotel.. Hotel need a revamp!!

• Stayed November 2012
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

These people that complain obviously don't travel much in Indonesia. I havee stayed twice at this hotel and i have no complaints at all, my rooms have always been clean and the staff have alsways been friendly and respectful, but i always treat them with respect as well. get real people this is very good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank 192Steve
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel is just next to the Habour Bay Mall which is connected to the ferry terminal for Wavemaster Ferry. So it's just a 5 minutes walk to either destination. Easy & no rush for departure. I stayed 2 nights, the 1st room was 924, it was so noisy that we had to phone for the staff to come up to help us find the source of the noise. Apparently the noise came from the engine pump of the water tank above that room. So we requested to change to a quieter room. Another group of our friends arrived the next day for a 1 night stay, they were on level 8. They took up 3 rooms. One of them complained about cockroaches in her room and toilet. All of us noticed that the rooms had cigaret smell and the towels did not smell nice. But we all agreed tht the beds were firm and comfortable. I noticed the peeling paints from the walls and old looking toilets in the rooms my friends were in on level 8. We saw some of the rooms next to ours on level 9 being refurbished so they may be working their way down.Breakfast was included in the room rates, but the spread was sad. They did not bother to replenish even though breakfast is suppose to be on till 10am. To be fair, the staff at the reception and bell hop service were friendly and even though they do not speak much English, they'd try to help us.

Room Tip: The executive business rooms and the standard rooms are exactly the same size, the only difference i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hazelmenon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The Hotel is good value for money.

However, it is a smoking hotel, and be prepared to be snuffed with the cigarette smoke.

The air con is very cold for comfort, especially when the weather is typically hot and humid.

So far, the stains highlighted by other reviewers can be seen, it is acceptable as this is not a highly priced hotel.

The breakfast is ok and acceptable, but be prepared to have a smokey meal there.

We ventured out of the enclosed Harbour Bay area and walked towards a bazaar at

It is a risky walk as there are no pavements, but it is rewarding as one will see the actual life, and feel the sights and sounds, including for the adventurous ones the local food, without the contamination of 'international cuisine' which we can have anywhere in the world.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank WanderingGuyInt
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I been staying the hotel on 11 July 2012 for one night. I arrived at about 1045hrs local time and my rooms is ready. Nice set up of the room but a bit dirty at the floor. Overall is nice quite

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo