“Very good hotel and nice friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Planet Holiday Hotel

You added Planet Holiday Hotel to your Saves list
Planet Holiday Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Raja Haji, Jodoh, Riau Islands Province 29432, Indonesia   |
Ranked #24 of 89 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Very good hotel and nice friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Stayed there for 1 night recently and plan to go back next weekend.The Hotel has something for all ages and International tastes.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank macca082

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

The hotel is old and everything inside the room is old. The front desk are friendly people but they don't speak fluent English. There is nothing to see in the neighborhood, but it is the nearest hotel of the company I will be visiting.

Terrible telephone system! Cannot call room to room, all I hear is static, and when there is a dial tone and I got connected, the call is cut after a few seconds. When I informed their front desk, they said there is no problem and did not send any technician to check it out!

The hotel restaurant is serving good food but the staff who took our order cannot speak English. She served the dessert first and the main dish after 20 minutes. Moreover, there is one dish we ordered that was never served.

Now the painful part was when I checked out. After paying and my baggages with me, I told the front desk I am having breakfast in their restaurant. After 1 hour I proceeded to the ferry station, but on the way I noticed I forgot a bag full of giveaways inside my room! I rushed back to the hotel, and when I asked the front desk, she said "Oh yes there is a bag of goodies there." They knew but they did not inform me while I was eating breakfast for one hour in their restaurant, not even attempted to contact me through my celphone.

Sorry, I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank noel_mrcs

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

Bad
1. Booked twin room but got room with double bed.
2. Couldn't check in at 2.30pm cos the rooms were uncleaned
3. Toilet had very strong sewage smell
4. Staff at Front Counter very bad in English. Didn't understand what we said most of the time
5. Room had very bad soundproof. Loud booming music can be heard in room at 7th floor, and the music runs through the night
6. 22nd storey Beer Garden is crap.
7. All hotel's website quoted in SGD. Deposit paid in SGD as well. But was charged in IDR at hotel. After conversion, I had to pay almost SGD $10 per room
8. Rate is exclusive breakfast. Pretty expensive. Can get other hotel with breakfast and wifi for prolly another 10 bucks more.
9. Hotel staff tried to get us vehicle to Ferry Terminal @ exorbitant price

Good
1. Located very near to the Harbour Bay Ferry Terminal
2. 21st floor resto & lounge had very good ambience. Excpet the fact that the live band only could play very old songs.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

A good hotel for its price and rating with a large and varied breakfast buffet. The real qulaity showed up when we found out that our tour agent had not properly booked a return ferry from Batam to Singapore and there were not any return seats until late at night.

The staff stepped up and not only called the ferry company, they did not take no for an answer and got us a booking on the ferry we had originally scheduled.

The only downside is that this hotel is not as close to the Nagoya shopping complex as advertised and the taxi costs in Batam are extremely high. The hotel car is prohibitively expensive but fortunatly my spouse speaks Basha Indonesia so she was able to neogoatiate a dedicated private taxi for the trip. I would recommend that if staying at this hotel you either rent a car or arranged for a dedicated car and driver at the ferry terminal.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

this hotel is one of the better hotel at batam in term of room size but its a pity the disco on the 1st floor is very noisy all the way to my room on the 7th floor.
breakfast is quite nice and the staff is quite helpful

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Planet holiday is a pretty renowned hotel in Batam, and because it's one of the tallest buildings in the city, we could always find our way from around the area back to the hotel on foot. It is within walking distance from Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre.

Rooms were clean and service was very prompt (especially when ESPN was not working well on one night when we were watching a soccer match). The service crew responded within 10 minutes and solved the issues shortly. Front desk staff were extremely helpful with queries on directions.

We topped up our package for a room upgrade to a deluxe room and were given a room on a high floor. The view was great, and if you ask for a city view room, you will be able to map how you would like to walk to the malls or surrounding areas.

Breakfast has good variety, but we were sorely disappointed on the first night with the inclusive buffet dinner. There were a handful of dishes, so we decided to forfeit our inclusive dinner the next night and ate at the street hawker stalls.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

On the 5th of september,i was swimming around 5.00p.m. when i was swimming a glass was stuck on my foot. Then my father inform the pool staff, the pool staff inform the duty manager. The duty manager, ask whether we need to go to the hospital. We went to the hospital without any staff accompany us. Later, we we return to the hotel. The duty manager give us a free porridge and the hotel pay for the hospital bill. We hope in future if anything happen the staff should accompany the guest the the hospital.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family