My Evaluation of the Hotel is as such:
1. The hotel room was old, but spacious. We were given a low-floor. Thankfully the noise from the KTV below us did not travel to our room.
2. Check-in was prompt. I am not too sure if credit should be given to them. Maybe it was the pre-registration done by our tour guide.
3. Reception staff was friendly. Though not exactly conversant in English, they were able to give us directions. We learnt that Planet Holiday was in Nagoya. Hence, the nearest shopping centre would have been Nagoya Hill. But the additional point here is that Planet Holiday isn't located adjacent to any shopping centre or amenties.
4. Eating joints are located a distance away. We have to cross 2 road junctions to reach MacDonalds and KFC.
5. Breakfast seating could have been improved. I have never seen such a crowded restaurant, in which I had to wait for 10 minutes before finding a seat. Breakfast wasn't delicious, but there is a variety of food to whet your appetite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be impressed with Batam's Prestigious Landmark, Planet Holiday Hotel takes comfort and elegance to a new level. True luxury with world-class facilities providing every distinctive customer service satisfactions. Just 5 minutes from Harbour Bay International Ferry Terminal or 30 minutes from Hang Nadim International Airport. We are located midway between Nagoya and Jodoh in the heart of Batam`s main business district close to excellent shopping and entertainment facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Planet Holiday Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.