“Good location but...”

Ranked #82 of 98 Hotels in Batam
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good location but...”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This hotel very close to Nagoya Hill mall,but very old,the room I stayed was just ok,wifi was good,room quite clean,with Tv and window,breakfast served as buffet style,basic standard only.pipes in the room might be rusty,cuz the water was yellow when i opened the tap,must wait for a while,then the water will become normal colour.the price slightly higher with this quality,anyway staffs here friendly and nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Location is great! Just a few mins walk to Nagoya hill shopping mall. No need to cross any street, which is great as the traffic there is quite scary. Spacious room. The bed is soft but the beddings just make u itch! Not sure whether they changed bedsheet or not. Good size tv. Breakfast was so so. Deposit of 200,000 rupiah needed. In house Massage is terrible. Worse experience ever. Anyway, just great location.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ayinnn

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels

Singapore
Reviewed October 13, 2013

When we first got our room, we kinda expected it to be bad cos of the reviews but the location was what we liked about the hotel (it's very near to nagoya shopping mall). We got the really old room. The room made us feel uncomfortable, it smells weird, the water was a bit yellowish, the aircon wasn't working. So we decided to go down to the reception counter ourselves instead of calling. The staff was nice enough to change the room for us even though it was a little bit inconvenient. We managed to get a decent room (i think it's a renovated one), much much better than the previous one. Not bad for a single night stay. If you're lucky enough, you would get the "new" room. If not, good luck!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank ayuusop
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I BooKed for 30july through the reservation dept And Emailed them ,For my guest.previously i have their contract rates For tour agency, signed and emailed them.since i own one. But on that day they do not let my guest in.This miss susy said she do not have the contract rates and my tour name in their system.Obviously something is wrong here, so i asked them to check with their marketing and reservation but instead this mr whom i cant remember his name ask me to do it by myself. clearly they do not have the initiative to check what is wrong with the reservation department and the marketing. this ms susy even blamed me not clear instruction So i brought the conversation proof and the contract rate she do not even bother to check it.i do not have any problem with other hotel before only this hotel.I am really amazed, they have really 'good' service. And how the customer check in is a long story so yeah. this hotel i do not recommend it. It is old and expensive too. They do not open the door for you when u walk in. Just really bad. I recommend like The Hill hotel or I hotel they are alot cheaper and better service.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank vrty21
Singapore
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Firstly, the location is a blast. Its right next to the Naogya Plaza shopping centre. Rooms are a bit dated but in my opinion its modest andt not too lousy, relatively decent though not fantastic.

As with all Indonesian hotels, their lobbies are air conditioned but there are smokers galore so refrain from long stays in the lobby if you can't take smoky areas.

Breakfast is normal, nothing fantastic. Sleep quality is compromised as i stayed in a low floor with my partner and loud music was blaring late into the night from the club downstairs.

Average hotel with location as its only plus point.

Room Tip: Do take note that the walls in my opinion are a bit thin so you might want to ask for higher floors...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KeiKurono
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We stay here during Christmas 2012. Our room was at fifth level room 511. The air-con is not cold enough and it felt stuffy. The carpet was dirty. The bed is too soft as we did not sleep comfortably. Overall it was a bad choice of hotel. Otherwise, location was good. Nearby was Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Cheapskate R
singapore
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Me and my husband checked into this hotel on 21st January for the CNY break. The moment i reached the hotel,
I did not get a good impression because it looked old. We were checked into room 329 and after settling in i noticed
That the carpets were old and not clean. Toilets were also not so clean as some of the wall were cracked. The room was
Not spacious as the table with the TV was right in front of the bed and we have to squeeze through to go to the other part
Of the room. OK and then the rain came and to our horror, the rain water was coming in through the window. My husband
Quickly asked for another room as the technicians couldn’t do anything about the window. Although we were given room
320, it was still not the standard we expected like other hotels. For this kind of old hotel, the price is also too high.

Room Tip: Pls do not book this hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple