“Fantastic for kids and family” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Golden View Hotel Batam
Ranked #43 of 90 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Fantastic for kids and family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

My kids are looking forward to stay in this hotel cos of the facilities and the adventure park and its not that far from Nagoya. I would be coming back soon with more nephews and nieces to have more fun.

Room Tip: Superior rooms were gd enough
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank suseela13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I gave one star only because this website does not allow me to give zero or minus. Please avoid this horrible place. Room is extremely big but - with smell-like-s-h-i-t carpet, I believe no human being can endure it more than one minute. We requested to change room but found out other rooms are no better. Worse thing is their "go cart" and "golden beach". Please, do even get me start, but funny thing is, they provide shuttle "bus" to those crappy places that are only 5 minute walk away. Of so many places i have ever been to, quite honestly, i would give the trophy of worst hotel to it.

Room Tip: please go stay at the other end of the island. There is no beach here. It's call "golden&qu...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank meimeipuppy

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This hotel is definitely hunted! Was sleeping in the middle of the night when noise from the wall of people scratching is damn creepy. Hotel worker and the massager ask us personally to give them tips and so on. When giving them tips, they force us to give more tips. Terrible!

Room Tip: Rooms at the corner are pretty much creepy!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NurulChan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Me and 4 my friends had 2days and 1 night stay at Golden view hotel last nov 6,2011, i prepared myself for d worst as i read some negative feedbacks about the hotel but to my surprise the Hotel was a very good and nice hotel so it went beyond my expectations,all the Staff was so friendly even from the beer garden staff,we were so delighted with the customer service that they provide with the guest. The only thing that they to.improve is the buffet breakfast the food is so so only. Ktv bar of the hotel must try cheap beer and free usage of the ktv room.
We will surely comeback to this hotel! Keep it up!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank bajhoy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Went on a 2D1N holiday trip with one of my friends and we had stayed at golden view batam for the first time as we had purchase the coupons from deals.com.

The external of the hotel was worn out but the interior was surprisingly furnished. There is free internet excess at the lobby near the reception. The check in took a quite as there was a long queue even though there was a reasonable number of people tending to the customers
Unlike other hotels in batam which required a $50 deposit this one doesn't need it .

The room was quite huge and spacious and the bath room had a separate shower and a bath tub. There is also quite a nice selection of items on the menu that was placed in the room.

Breakfast was a buffet style with several choices to choose from while dinner we had the coupon meal provided by the deals.com. The choice was fried rice and chicken chop that include freeflow of drinks.

The only downside was the location, there is a go kart, flying fox as well as Indonesian heritage where miniature houses and just a few minutes walk there is a seafood restaurant. For those who are here to shop, it is about 20 minutes away from the nearest shopping mall which the only transportation is by taxi which can be arranged with the hotel stuff.

But overall it is a pleasant stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Celine_Ho154
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Recently I spend a weekend trip to Batam on 21 Oct 2011and stayed at the Golden View Hotel with my Family. My trip was booked by Holyland Travel in Singapore. Before my scheduled departure I read the recent review on the hotel and was shocked to hear the comments about the hotel.

I was prepared for the worst, As my family and I arrived in Batam I was met by the friendly and couteous guide who brought us around for a very interesting and educational tour of the island of Batam. We enjoyed a good lunch at the Golden Prawn Seafood restaurant and was transfered to the hotel Golden View. I must say I was expecting worst.

But alas to my surprise, my family and I were warmly welcomed by the doorman and greeted by smiling receptionist who checked us in.. It made me wonder if the review I read was true. As we entered our rooms it was clean and tidy, beyond my expectation. They had facilities for kids and adults. They had a swimming pool that was manned by lifeguards, Kids Corner, Billiards Table, Karaoke Lounge. It was what I was looking for a Family Getaway. I must say the managers and staff were always ready to serve the guest at the hotel in all their request.

The breakfast we had on both days were warm and tasty, only problem was there was not many variety of oriental and american breakfast dishes. We tried the steak at the Rajawali Restaurant in hotel, it was tentalizing. My family was so happy with their short holiday trip in Batam and our stay in Golden View Hotel Batam was memorable.

Kudos to all the staff who made our stay a wonderful one. I will definitely recommend my friends to this hotel. I will definitely be coming to this home away from home on my next trip.

Mrs Tan Khee Khee

Room Tip: Please request for high floor facing the sea
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Travelbug8877
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I can say it reali gd enuff for a short 2 or 3 days stay at golden view. If u looking for shopping. It not realy near. Bt you can request taxi from hotel to bring u go n bck with 120000rp. To ferry nt say it is fast, cos also due to traffic jam. Den abt food, it reali near golden prawn 933. N me n my family ate lobster, crab, those shell related stuff total of 10 dish with 8 adult. It cost one pax $33. Bt the bad is, not near any beach bt it reali gt seaview view when u look far. Breakfast so so onli bt enough. Service, most of them can speak english.

• Stayed October 2011