“zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz”

Golden View Hotel Batam
Ranked #31 of 101 Hotels in Batam
Reviewed November 13, 2011

This hotel is definitely hunted! Was sleeping in the middle of the night when noise from the wall of people scratching is damn creepy. Hotel worker and the massager ask us personally to give them tips and so on. When giving them tips, they force us to give more tips. Terrible!

Room Tip: Rooms at the corner are pretty much creepy!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NurulChan

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Me and 4 my friends had 2days and 1 night stay at Golden view hotel last nov 6,2011, i prepared myself for d worst as i read some negative feedbacks about the hotel but to my surprise the Hotel was a very good and nice hotel so it went beyond my expectations,all the Staff was so friendly even from the beer garden staff,we were so delighted with the customer service that they provide with the guest. The only thing that they to.improve is the buffet breakfast the food is so so only. Ktv bar of the hotel must try cheap beer and free usage of the ktv room.
We will surely comeback to this hotel! Keep it up!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank bajhoy
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Went on a 2D1N holiday trip with one of my friends and we had stayed at golden view batam for the first time as we had purchase the coupons from deals.com.

The external of the hotel was worn out but the interior was surprisingly furnished. There is free internet excess at the lobby near the reception. The check in took a quite as there was a long queue even though there was a reasonable number of people tending to the customers
Unlike other hotels in batam which required a $50 deposit this one doesn't need it .

The room was quite huge and spacious and the bath room had a separate shower and a bath tub. There is also quite a nice selection of items on the menu that was placed in the room.

Breakfast was a buffet style with several choices to choose from while dinner we had the coupon meal provided by the deals.com. The choice was fried rice and chicken chop that include freeflow of drinks.

The only downside was the location, there is a go kart, flying fox as well as Indonesian heritage where miniature houses and just a few minutes walk there is a seafood restaurant. For those who are here to shop, it is about 20 minutes away from the nearest shopping mall which the only transportation is by taxi which can be arranged with the hotel stuff.

But overall it is a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Celine_Ho154
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Recently I spend a weekend trip to Batam on 21 Oct 2011and stayed at the Golden View Hotel with my Family. My trip was booked by Holyland Travel in Singapore. Before my scheduled departure I read the recent review on the hotel and was shocked to hear the comments about the hotel.

I was prepared for the worst, As my family and I arrived in Batam I was met by the friendly and couteous guide who brought us around for a very interesting and educational tour of the island of Batam. We enjoyed a good lunch at the Golden Prawn Seafood restaurant and was transfered to the hotel Golden View. I must say I was expecting worst.

But alas to my surprise, my family and I were warmly welcomed by the doorman and greeted by smiling receptionist who checked us in.. It made me wonder if the review I read was true. As we entered our rooms it was clean and tidy, beyond my expectation. They had facilities for kids and adults. They had a swimming pool that was manned by lifeguards, Kids Corner, Billiards Table, Karaoke Lounge. It was what I was looking for a Family Getaway. I must say the managers and staff were always ready to serve the guest at the hotel in all their request.

The breakfast we had on both days were warm and tasty, only problem was there was not many variety of oriental and american breakfast dishes. We tried the steak at the Rajawali Restaurant in hotel, it was tentalizing. My family was so happy with their short holiday trip in Batam and our stay in Golden View Hotel Batam was memorable.

Kudos to all the staff who made our stay a wonderful one. I will definitely recommend my friends to this hotel. I will definitely be coming to this home away from home on my next trip.

Mrs Tan Khee Khee

Room Tip: Please request for high floor facing the sea
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Travelbug8877
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I can say it reali gd enuff for a short 2 or 3 days stay at golden view. If u looking for shopping. It not realy near. Bt you can request taxi from hotel to bring u go n bck with 120000rp. To ferry nt say it is fast, cos also due to traffic jam. Den abt food, it reali near golden prawn 933. N me n my family ate lobster, crab, those shell related stuff total of 10 dish with 8 adult. It cost one pax $33. Bt the bad is, not near any beach bt it reali gt seaview view when u look far. Breakfast so so onli bt enough. Service, most of them can speak english.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank linuspine
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Bought the groupon deal for 2D1N Golden View Hotel stay with guided tour.

i actually checked the reviews here and was kinda assured of the quality of the hotel judging from the good reviews, but was still disappointed. We decided to opt out of the (very very boring) guided tour and wanted to check in to the hotel and have free and easy activities on our own. However, the inflexibe hotel staff insisted that the check-in was 2pm when we were there at around 1.15pm. So we waited at the lounge area till then.

The hotel lobby was traditionally decorated, and looks abit old, however, the rooms (we had 2 rooms on the 9th floor) given were big and spacious, with high ceiling. Me & my partner had the pool view, while my frens had the "sea" view.

The room was basic, and looks as old as it looked from outside and from the lobby.
Credits for cleanliness; I wouldn't say it was very clean, but it was acceptable for me. The toilet was clean too. The running tap water that I used to rinse my mouth and bathe in, had this weird taste/smell, but i supposed this is not the problem of the hotel. Bed was hard, but sheets were rather clean, and have no odour, just some stains on the blanket. Towels looked very old, off-white color, and had this strange "musky" smell. I used it anyway, cos I had no choice, it was just for a night.

The hotel had very poor facilities and depressing surrounding. Cab to Nagoya Hills was at fix rate of 60,000rp. We were told there was a night market and a food court area nearby the hotel, at the beach area, and that made us a little happy for a moment. The hotel had free transport that took us to these places. All these places were in the area of the hotel, it was less than 5 mins drive away.

To our disappointment, the "night market" was a row of 5-6 provision shops, and only 2-3 were open, and it looks depressing and looks like they have not had customers in a long time. We decided to have drinks at the "food court" area then. It was more like a open-air hawker area, playing rather annoying music (seems like someone's singing ktv there).

All of us ordered what seemed the safest choice, COKE! And still turns out to be horrible. We were not served coca cola, and was served some Naraya Coke, that tasted horrible.

Decided to check out the provision shop for some chips to eat, and much to our disgust, the packs of potato chips were dusty, and looks like they have been left there for eons. Almost purchased a pack of chips, till i decided to check on the expiry date. Expiry was the day before!! OMG!!

Breakfast at the hotel was yet again DISAPPOINTING AND DEPRESSING. There was quite a spread of food but all was cold, and hard, tasteless. Coffee had a strange taste according to my fren. i could barely eat what i took. It was one of the nastiest hotel breakfast I had.

They had a mini farm area, which was pathetic. The animals look very sad to be locked up in the tiny cages. It was depressing. The kueh lapis they sold there didn't look appetizing and it was more expensive.

Overall experience, for the price I paid, i couldn't expect too much from the rooms. Rooms were acceptable for just a night's sleep, but breakfast was terrible, so was the facilities and the surroundings. Service staff was patient and friendly though.

I will never go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank elshjj
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We spent 2 nights there last September. This hotel is 5mins walking distance from 2 famous seafood centres @933 and 555. Later I was also surprised that basically most of the places of interest are nearby including the local cultural performance, local product shop, go-kart, miniature buildings, and kueh lapis factory. Very convenient!

As for the hotel, all staff are very friendly and greet you whenever they see you. We were provided connecting rooms. The rooms are very spacious, high ceiling and clean. The aircon is working well and the air is clean as I am quite sensitive to dust. There is a bath tub but the water condition does not make bath in the tub enjoyable. The toothbrush is also too stiff and bringing your own is recommended unless one doesn't mind for a short trip. As mentioned by other reviewers, I noticed that the towels provided are grey in color and has a strange odour.. but the bathroom floor rag looks white and clean (not sure why??).

The breakfast spread is a international spread and surprising good tasting eg. fruit juices, noodle/rice/porridge with meats and vegetables, bread & pastries, local noodle soup, freshly cooked omelette. I even found kimchi on my second day there. There is bound to be something for everyone.

Overall, the experience is good as the environment is clean, quiet and conducive for short getaway and laze around and food, local snacks, drinks and bottled water are readily available at the vicinity of seafood centres (no convenience store nearby). The hotel location is not suitable for shoppers as it is not near any shopping centres and the free shuttle service timing is too short to get the full kick from shopping.

On an additional note, something interesting I learnt from the local is they measure distance according to 'driving' time eg. if they say the night market is only about 10minutes away, they are they referring to driving and not walking there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family