“Its good enough to stay for 2 nights”
Review of Mercure Batam

Mercure Batam
Ranked #48 of 99 Hotels in Batam
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Location was off Nagoya as I personally prefer Harmoni due to close proximity to McDonalds, KFC and pubs. Harmoni is 30 bucks more expensive.

Checking in was a breeze and front desk staffs were very polite and helpful with queries. Room service was slow as I waited approx 45 mins for a chicken burger set.

Room allocated was clean and neat. I was able to connect to internet via a cable instead of WIFI. The spa in the hotel was nice and above average. It was clean and well maintained by staffs.

Late check out at 1300 hrs was given when asked for. Checking out was quick as Ive already paid for the room when I booked it.

Overall, its neat and proper but a bit off from the scene I would say. With a dedicated driver throughout, then this hotel is value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

We thank you for the time you have taken to share your experience during your recent stay with us.

On behalf of the entire team here at Mercure Batam, we are very pleased to read that you are enjoy your stay and happy with our services. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday and this will certainly motivate us to keep up the good work.

Your positive comment will be passed on to the team which definitely will motivate them to provide better services.

Concerning Rooms Service to slow deliver your food , please rest assured that we will investigate and taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you mentioned.

We appreciate your valuable feedback, as it is through guest’s constructive comments like yours that we are able to identify areas of improvement to consistently provide the best service experience for all of our guests.

Best Regards

Heru Wibowo- General Manager

There are newer reviews for Mercure Batam

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed at mercure hotel for 2 nights. Have a pleasant experience with the counter staff and housekeeping. Counter staff was friendly and helpful. The housekeeper was good as she was making the bed, she placed my daughter's soft toys and pillow nicely on her extra bed. I thought that was a thoughtful gesture. My daughter was thrilled to see her Minnie 'sleeping' on the bed. Room was nice but bed a bit old. The tv went off after a few times, no reception all of a sudden. No wifi in the room was a disappointment and the Internet wireless at the lobby was slow and low reception. :( The food at breakfast was bad and only the cereal and porridge was edible. Will not consider this hotel again if food standards and wifi connection does not improve. Also no hair dryer in the room which is a necessary item in a hotel. However consider that I got this from deal.com.sg and it was real cheap, we can't expect much also right. :p

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at the Mercure Batam Hotel.

We sincerely appreciate your time and effort in bringing up the issues you encountered during your stay, as constructive comments like yours enable us to recognize areas where improvements are needed. Kindly accept our apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.

Please rest assured that the department managers concerned have been briefed to improve on the food quality ,and internet in the guest room (WiFi) , we have tried to make impairments as low as possible but please take our apologies if you still experience any distractions if any disturbance it.

It is a truly pleasure to hear that you found our front office staff and concierge are friendly and your kind words have been passed to them, this will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Thank you and we hope you could give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan to visit Batam in the near future and I will personally arrange your stay with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Going against reviews I read on this hotel and greedy for good value deals on website, I booked 5 rooms for my family and relatives (from HK and their first visit to Batam). The check in was smooth but no porter came to offer us any luggage help. No welcome drinks and the lobby smelt rusty. Given a choice, I would have left immediately. There rooms were worst, the carpet condition is so bad I had to insist that all of us wear our shoes/slippers in the room. The bath tub condition is awful and the drainage is very slow, almost choking. Although it is 2 persons room, all the necessities was in one set only. The next morning, I woke up to a stench ... and found a dead cockroach on the carpet next to my bed.

The spa services is so bad. My in laws who had the couple room complained so much and I could not blame them. During the massage service, the masseuses were talking to each other louder than the music and I could hear their conversations so clearly from my single massage station!

I will never return to this hotel and was highly disappointed. I am in need of another holiday quickly to get rid of this bad taste.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 720, 722, 724, 727 and 706
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

First and foremost, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for unfortunate experience during your stay with us recently.
We are deeply concerned and share your disappointment with service you received from some of our team members. The issues you encountered clearly identify areas where improvements are needed hence we thank you for bringing these up to our attention so that appropriate steps may be taken to avoid recurrence. Likewise, we will take your feedback as a motivating tool to ensure our service levels are constantly according to Mercure standards. At Mercure, we aim to provide the highest level of service to all of our guests thus you can be assured that your comments have been shared with the relevant department heads and appropriate action and training will be taken to ensure that our entire team consistently maintains a warm, positive and professional demeanor when dealing with guests.
We are delighted to note your satisfaction with the convenient location of our hotel, size and cleanliness of your room.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us and we hope you could give us the opportunity to show you the improvement and provide you with the real Mercure service on your next trip to Batam.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Booked 7 rooms thru a package deal. As the package only included lunch & breakfast, decided to arrange for dinner in the hotel for my group, as well as to ensure that our rooms were really confirmed. The GM, Mr Wibowo responded quickly to my email & we had a few more exchanges regarding my requests to the hotel. All were quickly taken up by the GM. I was really impressed!

We had no problem checking into our rooms except that we were given keys to 2 rooms with the same number and I had to get it sorted out when we found out when going into our rooms. However I believe this is one of those things that do happen occasionally. The rooms were all spacious, clean & well maintained. It was more than what I would expect & definitely value for what I paid for. However some bath tubs in the rooms were choked & drainage of water were restricted.

I was also happy that my requests were all attended to including providing a vegetarian dinner for someone in my group. Breakfast was nothing fantastic but reasonaly good. The location of the hotel is quite near to the shopping mall in Nogaya Hill, 5 min away by taxi but perhaps too far to walk. However the taxi charges to the Nogaya Hill Shopping Mall at IDR35,000 per way is definite too high. I believe I was quoted IDR 20,000 to 25,000 when I took a walk earlier but when we wanted to take a taxi, we were quoted IDR 35,000. As we were short of time, we dedicde to just pay for the 4 taxis (total IDR280,000) for the 2 way trip. Perhaps the hotel can review the charges.

Overall, this is definitely a very good value hotel, clean & spacious rooms, responsive management & staff. We will definitely be back again & will strongly recommend it anyone intending to stay in Batam.

Room Tip: The normal superior room is big & good enough for a couple. You can request for a room that eith...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RaymonLim
6178, Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Mr.Raymon ,

Concerning bathtub and drainage issue please rest assured that we will investigate and taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you mentioned.

Thanks again to recommend us to other traveler and we all look forward to welcoming and serving you again soon on your next visit to Batam.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Pros:
Grand lobby
5 mins taxi (IDR20000) to Nagoya Mall

Cons:
Dirty room carpets
No hand towels
No hairdryer
Mouldy bathtub
Locked minibar
No wifi
Crowded breakfast area
Lingering cigarette smoke
Torn bedsheets

Accused of consuming 1 pack of non-existant peanut pack, wasted 15 mins to investigate and sort out problem!!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank newzl
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Sincerely beloved guest.

On behalf of the entire team here at Mercure Batam, kindly accept our sincerest apologies for not being able to provide the best hospitality and service during your stay.

At Mercure, we strive to continuously exceed our guests’ expectations through constant improvements and strive to exceed our guests’ expectations thus your feedback you encountered is a serious concern for us. We have immediately discussed your comments with the department managers concerned and you can be assured that appropriate measures will be taken to ensure an excellent services for all of our beloved guest.

It is our hope to be given another opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel. We kindly invite you to contact us directly through gm@mercurebatam.com for your future visit and we shall ensure a pleasant and comfortable stay.

We sincerely hope that your recent experience does not deter your from staying with us again. If you could allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future, we will ensure that you experience the real Mercure service.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Like many, we used this hotel on a package deal thru deal.com.sg
If you're coming to this hotel yourside, do it in the daytime cos their lighted signage is at the same level of the trees, so you can't see it from afar.
Staff friendliness here is at a lower level compared to ther accor hotels, much lower!
Avoid room 415 if you can just because the sink tap is heavily damaged, no minor repair can help, the entire tap has to be replaced.
Reception looks ok, but rooms need heavy refurbishment, the number of cigarette burns on the carpet in my room tells you how long the room has not been touched up.
Satellite weak, room tv goes to static every now and then.
For the ladies, no hair dryer either. Irony, I get better amenities at an all season or ibis.
Bed is still ok, you'll get a good nights sleep.
Breakfast is... edible. Don't hope for too much and you'll be satisfied.
Nearest food outlet is a 5 minute walk away, KFC

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Terence Y
6178, General Manager at Mercure Batam, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Sincerely beloved guest,

We regret to hear that your recent stay with us was less than satisfactory and we sincerely apologize for not delivering your expected level of service during your stay. This is certainly not the level of service we would like to extend our valuable guests; hence, we are truly sorry for the discomfort you experienced.

At Mercure, we aim to provide the highest level of service to all of our guests thus you can be assured that your comments have been shared with the relevant department heads and appropriate action will be taken to ensure that our entire team consistently maintains a warm, positive and professional demeanor when dealing with guests. Kindly rest assured that the appropriate training related to guest relations will be more emphasized.

Please be informed that we are now under process of room touch up and refurbishment to ensure that we offer a fresh atmosphere of the hotel rooms to all of our guests. And we would be more than happy to provide you the hair dryer in your room, however it will be based on request.

We thank you once again for your constructive comments which will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests. We hope you could give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked the room facing the pool. They had no more non smoking rooms thus we got the one on level 6th- smoking room. It does not have the stinky smokey smell- thank goodness.

Upon reaching, the bellboy did not even offer to help us with our luggage and shopping bags. We had to juggled all the bags up ourselves.

The male reception was quite friendly, and checking in was efficient.

I decided to relax in the pool and sauna. Upon reaching the spa floor, there was this pungent smell there. Yucks. There was a small pool, with many dead insects floating. And so I only swam a good 15 min. We went over to the hot and cold tub but could not go in either of the pool as it was too hot (i could have boiled my self) and the other was icy cold. We skipped those too.

The room was clean and spacious. The toilets had a bathtub attached, and it was clean too. Very cute shampoo and soap were provided.

At night, we ventured to the left to the Pizza Hut to get dinner, Its about 10 min walk. To the right of the hotel, you can find a small 24hr kind of 711 store and a pharmacy.

The next morning, we woke up early for breakfast and were the first few to arrive. The lady waitress did nit even acknowledge our arrival and did not even look up to us. We looked around and it was quite a spread. We enjoyed breakfast. But, the funny thing is, all the other staff of the hotel, including the waitresses and waiters were taking food there too. I do not know if that is the arrangements there but hey it really do not look professional for a 4 star hotel to have patrons and staff side by side getting breakfast food on the same spread.

The next day, we checked out efficiently, and tool the shuttle service at 1.30pm to Nagoya Hills Mall. We then took a cab there to Batam Centre- it cost us 60000 rupiah.

Although the staff need alot of HR trainings, I will still come here as the hotel room is clean and delicious food served. work on the staff though! I think only the reception- the Philipine lady and the Indo man were polite. :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple