See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 20, 2014 via mobile

Booked through Booking. com for 2 nights from 19 to 21 Dec for studio room with balcony. We were given rm #301. There was no lift and we need card access to enter the staircase way. The room smell was bad and stale. The bed was hard with stained bedsheet. The fridge was awfully dirty and smelly! The pool is not within the hotel and is open to the public ! The area is dark with poor location and lack of security . We decided to check out after staying for 4 hours . We seek discount for the short stay but the front desk told us that they would still need to charge us 1 night stay because we booked through Booking.com . If we would have booked direct to the hotel , they would not charge us for the short stay . We paid and left the hotel with much unhappiness and regret .

Stayed: December 2014, traveled with friends
Fey S, Manajer Umum at The Centro Hotel and Residence, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a feedback to The Centro Hotel & Residence by Orchardz. We truly value your opinions and we are so sorry if did not meet to your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission, supporting facilities (restaurant, bilyard, bar & lounge, fitness centre, swimming pool and meeting rooms) and location as nearest Hotel to Hang Nadim Airport Batam and Kepri Mall is one of our plus value to provide the guest needs for easy access for business and leisure purposes.

We brought the concept of "eco-friendly residence" in our hotel, we complete all rooms with kitchenette and simple cooking equipment. Regarding the hotel surroundings environment, we do keep the calm & homey atmosphere in purpose to provide comfortable "residence" for our guests that's why we have many longstay-ing guest that search for such valued "comfort". Regarding the security system of our hotel, I think you got the wrong picture, the key to open the gate for every coridor is adding the secure of our guest, we also have many CCTV all over the hotel area, and I may say that our hotel location in the area of Central Sukajadi "real estate" put us better on secure system that I can guarantee to all our guests.

I do apologize for the cancellation procedure that you should follow, but I believe that our customers are smart enough to choose the right hotel, thus please read carefully to the term and condition when you book a room trough online travel agents, because you might need to follow the procedures.

We had also put our "true" pictures and facilities in Booking.com, thus once again for your understanding we are a "residence" or semi-apartment with staircase that bring "eco-friendly" concept, we never mention untrue statement about lift or elevator in all portal that guest can book, thus I think you missed to read our facility completely.

For your information, we strive to present the best cleanliness in our hotel area trough our House Keeping team that do general cleaning everyday, thus your feedback regarding the bed smell has been our concern for improvement.

Last but not least, thank you again for your feedback, we do hope that you could have better picture regarding The Centro Hotel & Residence by this reply. And we are waiting to have you back and stay with The Centro Hotel & Residence by Orchardz on your next visit to Batam to experience a better service and wish you the very best.

Fey Soraya
The Centro Hotel & Residence by Orchardz

Reviewed September 16, 2014

I really wouldn't say much about this hotel... I'll just make it quick here...

Room : Very spacious
Amenities : budget hotel (a little less below standard)
Elevator : none (had to walk to the 3rd floor)
Service : Hostel style; ask for a single bed, get twin bed; ask for wifi, get password, no signal
breakfast : menu wise uhmmmmm..., forget it..., 12 seating capacity, first table literally 5 steps away from reception counter
others : small TV, electric countertop stove (???), refrigerator was unplugged when i entered the room
Rate : high rate compared to all the points above...

I wouldnt say it's not decent, I'm just saying please, don't even bother to reserve...

Room Tip: Honestly, I don't consider they have a good room...
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Travelling703
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I like to stay here because of the quiet surroundings. Room is bright, well lit. I always choose the Studio Balcony room. Room is spacious, have balcony, safebox, fridge, kitchenette and bath tub. The staff from the front desk to the F&B are accommodating, very friendly and they recognised their regular guests. Compliments to Desi, Iwan, Damo and the other staff for their warmth reception.

This was my 4th time here & the room they provided was as usual neat & clean (my luck, maybe) except the toilet which was also clean but thereโ€™s some sewage odour. The bedsheets and towels were also clean. However, the utensils at the kitchenette left behind by the previous guest were not cleaned. Breakfast provided was average.

PLUS POINT:-

Hotel provides free transfer from Batam Centre to Hotel at specific timings.

The hotel is well secured. Each staircase which leads to your room is secured with gate and access card. Not advisable to those who have problems with walking & climbing up staircases. There are no elevator.

Hotel also provides the purchase of ferry tickets by Wavemaster at cheaper rate. Payments to be settled at the hotel reception counter upon arrival. Contact the manager Mr. Iwan for more details.

Hotel is just a walking distance to the Kepri Mall.

NOTE to management: Please look into the cleanliness of the kitchenette. Your staff should take the initiative to check and clean the kettle and utensils for the next check-in guest.

I will consider to coming back here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with bath tub if you need it. Only Studio and Studio Balcony come with bath tub.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank NoraJax
Fey S, General Manager at The Centro Hotel and Residence, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Dear Ms. Nora,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a feedback to The Centro Hotel & Residence. We truly value your opinions and we are honored that we have delivered a good impression that meets to your expectations. Even there're some issues that we need to "pay attention" but we are trying to improve our service better and better. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. Thus we'll do our best to show the improvement as you're expected when you come back to Batam.

Once again thank you for your good feedback, we do hope that you could share the valuable experience during your stay with us to your family and colleagues. We are waiting to have you back and stay with The Centro Hotel & Residence on your next visit to Batam and wish you the very best.

F.Soraya
The Centro Hotel & Residence by Orchardz - Batam

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed here over the weekend on 14 June 2014. I am a regular visitor in Batam and this is the first time that I stayed at this hotel due to most of the hotel that I have frequented was fully booked. The first turned off is that this hotel has no lift. We were given the room on 3rd floor. I thank god that my aunt did not come with us, I just cant imagine the trouble she have to go thru to climb the half steep and half spiral staircase in order to reach our room.

The room, no doubt have cooking facilities but no table for us to eat, if only we really want to cook. Hahaha..then have to eat on the bed. The bellboy was trying to impress us with the cooking facilites but it doesnt make us happy after panting climibing the steep staircase.

The worst part is the toilet. The shower area was flooded with water due to poor sewerage. They have place a toilet to help absorb the water and the towel is filty dirty. I didnt ask to change a room not to be far from my family next door. Luckily we do not use the toilet much, by the time we need to use it, it was already dry.

The floor of the room seems like not being sweep, you can feel remnants of sand if you walk barefoot. There were patches on the bedsheet and towel, like it was not clean well. I wonder what is the chambermaid doing?

My family room also have some problem. The aircon leaked and they woke up to a small puddle of water next to their bed. Eventhough the hotel is barely 1 year plus in operation, it seems like it is an old hotel.

Breakfast is expected to be pethatic, the gave me an 'old' egg when I requested for a boil egg. Yucks! Turn me off to eat the other food. I didnt make a fuss over this cause not to create embarassment for the waiteress.

The only plus point is the front office staff is very helpful.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, all room you have to climb up a staircase, but if you have to, travel light so not to burden yourself.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Aidah

Dear Mrs.Aidah,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Centro Hotel & Residence. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
We have improved our service to meet your expectation. We have addressed the issues you mentioned. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed.

If you come back to our hotel, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

F.Soraya
The Centro Hotel & Residence by Orchardz - Batam

Reviewed May 23, 2014

The Centro Hotel and residences is a calm place to stay and very nice.
New hotel and you have a very good restaurant where you can have some good western food, which is very nice.

The rooms are quiet spacious and the staff are very courteous.

Room Tip: As superior room is ok
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Fey S, General Manager at The Centro Hotel and Residence, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Mr. Pavikumar,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a feedback to The Centro Hotel & Residence by Orchardz. We truly value your opinions and we are honoured that we have delivered a good impression that meets to your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission, supporting facilities (restaurant, bar & lounge, fitness centre, swimming pool and meeting rooms) and location as nearest Hotel to Hang Nadim Airport Batam and Kepri Mall is one of our plus value to provide the guest needs for easy access for business and leisure purposes.

We do keep the calm & homey atmosphere to provide comfortable "residence" for our guests, western menus is indeed our best but we also provide Indonesian menus for other choices.

Once again thank you for your good feedback, we do hope that you could share the valuable experience during your stay with us to your family and colleagues. We are waiting to have you back and stay with The Centro Hotel & Residence by Orchardz on your next visit to Batam and wish you the very best.

Fey Soraya