“Nice 2 stars hotel, value for money”
Review of Nagoya One Hotel

Nagoya One Hotel
Ranked #66 of 99 Hotels in Batam
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my gf in this quite well designed hotel. The bed is king size and comfortable. Location in the central, we even took the free shuttle bus to nagoya hill mall for shopping in the afternoon and dinner at the foodcourt. Breakfast is rather simple but acceptable with the amount we paid.
Overall, enjoy the stay there and will be back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DylanTan
There are newer reviews for Nagoya One Hotel

Reviewed December 9, 2013

1st time: Check in on 7th Dec which is delay by the counter staff.
2nd: Check in room with no bath towel, no water kettle, no bar fridge mattress is dirty.
3rd: Water heater switch off at 11pm+ when we reach hotel quite late.
4th: Morning breakfast: Mee goreang, fried rice, hot dog, sunny set up/semi hard boiled egg. Coffee/tea taste like water, Kuehs is first come first served no refill.Those who is late no breakfast for you.
5th location not that near. Hotel taxi costs 40000 IDR to Nagoya hill shopping center. Shuttle bus only travel to that shopping center.
6th No swimming pool, gym is locked.
7th WIFI keep dropping connection.

Overall, do not choose unless no other choices.

Room Tip: Do not choose this one.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JYlau
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The room & free shuttle service to Shopping Centre was good,Cable TV English channels,Good Air conditioning, comfortable bed bathroom poorly designed after showering the entire bathroom floor was covered in water for hours a sewerage stink comes up from the drain and plughole in sink, the breakfast was cold fried rice,cold fried noodles, or cold grey soup or make your cheap white bread toast& butter and jam (1 knife shared for whole dining room) on 1 day of our 3 days there was a tealight candle size warmer it was cool instead of cold, lids were up on the bain marie with freezing air-conditioning, the dining & reception staff could not care less about it,hotel taxi's charge 30% more than getting your own, would not stay again.

Room Tip: Pay extra for front room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nigel S
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Bought a groupon voucher for two which included this hotel stay in the package. Somehow, I didn't expect the hotel to be quite bad..
First of all, when we arrived on 29th, it took almost forever for us to be checked in.. It seemed like they were finding a clean room last min for us, and they had to quickly clean up the place for us..
The receptionist couldn't really speak English but thankfully she is very helpful and helped us made a few phone calls..

When we went into our room, I was greeted with a mouldy stench in the room.. It seems like the room hasn't been cleaned for the last few days..there was a lizard in the bathroom, and I was upset to realize that the bathroom tiles are the cheap chalet type.
The bed also had that smell which made me a bit fearful of sleeping on it as I have rashes..
The second day, when we were checking out, the lift broke down and we had to take the stairs,. Thankfully we are staying on the bottom few levels if not it would be so terrible to climb so many steps down just to do so.
We arrived 1 hr before breakfast end, there was only noodles and drinks.. The kitchen was cooking to refill the dishes but they took forever. My bf and me gave up and took a taxi to the nearby KFC and McDonald's for our breakfast. It was a rather scary experience as we kept getting stopped by private cab drivers who offered to send us back to the hotel with payment.
Finally we left the hotel, and I told myself that I won't return to this hotel unless they made an improvement.

The only good thing is the location which is only 5-10 mins away from Nagoya mall via cab.

Hope my review is useful to those who are considering on staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank Jingwenjeremy
Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you are just looking for a place to tuck in for the night without any luxury or extra miles, this hotel fulfills the very basic needs. It's my first time staying in Batam, and this hotel set the line at quite a low level.

Firstly, it is not just this hotel, but other places in Batam, the service is really very slow. We waited for quite a while to get our particulars and card access in place. The other irritating thing is that smoking is allowed in the premises of the hotel, and the hotel is already cramped enough, and it is not a very good experience for non-smokers to endure with the smoke and long wait.

Secondly, they do not have any actual restaurant or cafe in the hotel. Please do not be deceived by the pictures on the internet. The only place they have for consumption is a small dining corner with limited tables and chairs and another isolated kitchen at the back. The "breakfast buffet" was also another nightmare. There was no fill-up of the dishes after it was all taken, and there were very limited food like kwayteow, fried rice, bread toast, and coffee.

Thirdly, the hotel room is not very clean. There were cob webs, and mosquito inside the enclosed room, which is really a bad experience. Not to mention that the room do smell quite a bit, and there were no kettle/water boiler, toothpaste/tooth brush, and several other necessary items. The only good thing is that there is free wifi, but the connection is also pretty bad.

Overall, it is still pretty decent for a 2-stars hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank thecarrotstick
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, I have no idea where I can post this so i placed this under the hotel review. If you all are looking through this hotel before you decide to buy coupons or take up their offer in the promotion room price. Do not consider this hotel or else you will be in hot waters or strandled in batam. I saw a promotion tickets for this hotel and my agent help me book them 3 weeks ago to inform them that I want 2 rooms on 11/5/13. The hotel did not reply to tell us whether they are avaliable. 3 weeks later, my agent called them and they tell him that they are book solid from April to Dec. They sold their coupons in early April, if they are book solid, they should not sell coupons to people. Isn't that cheating? I have taken my leaves for this batam trip. Everyone who is coming along are excited about this trip and now we are told that we have no place to stay at Batam. I wrote to the hotel but they did not reply me. Please consider their reliablity before you buy any coupons that are tag with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
16  Thank t16mytm
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We came here for a short getaway me and my bf. 2D1N was the deal we had plus tours,seafood lunch at Golden Prawn Restaurant. I recon this place if ur into seafood. We did extension for another night n its under SGD30. Only think is, there's no pool to dunk in. Breakfast included too. No hot water to make coffee but could request n its free. Nearest mall is Nagoya Mall, a walk away round the corner bt hotel do offer shuttle too. Just ask!

Room Tip: Request for higher floor to sleep at ease.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple