“Aircon not working -- tortured for 6 hours” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The BCC Hotel & Residence

Ranked #17 of 90 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Aircon not working -- tortured for 6 hours”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Upon checking in on 3 Aug 2013 at 6pm, I noticed that the aircon was not working. Called reception, a technician came after 1 hour. Problem still not settled. Called & asked for manager, she said will send electrician. Waited for another hour, nobody came. It was already 8pm and my cousin & I were very hungry and tired after a whole day of running around. Went down to the reception. Manager Ms Halinah still said they are trying to solve the problem. She told me to go for my dinner first & assured that the room will be cooled after 30 mins.

When I came back at 9.30pm, the problem was still not settled. I saw many people in the lobby, travel guides of other groups were desperately finding rooms in other hotels for their guests. I waited until 10pm before Ms Halinah talked to me. She told me that she would move my cousin & myself to Panaroma Hotel under their group. I was worried that the hotel may be old, lower standard and poor quality. She assured me Panaroma is also a 4-star hotel and the room is more comfortable than BCC.

I went back to my room to pack my things and then went down to reception to wait. At 10.30pm, she told me to get into a van which will bring me to Panaroma Hotel. I sat in the stuffy van till 10.45pm. Another 2 men waiting in the same van alighted & refused to wait anymore. At 11pm, I went back to the reception. Another lady staff in red uniform tried to pacify me telling me a MPV would bring me there. When she walked me to the door, that MPV just moved off! I was really angry by then and I told her I had tolerated all the nonsense since 6pm when I checked in. She quickly arranged another MPV to drive both of us to Panaroma Hotel.

By the time I stepped into Room 505 of Panaroma Hotel, it was already 11.30pm. This hotel cannot be a 4-star hotel as the room is in a poor condition. I had been awake since 5.30am and I am soooo very tired that I want to lie down and sleep. Suddenly, some louds bangs came from the balcony. Two of us plucked up courage to see what is outside our room, but it was too dark and we can't see anything. The loud bangs continued until 2am Indonesian time (3am in Singapore). That means we did not have any rest for 21 hours 30 mins.

The next morning, I quickly looked out at the balcony and I was shocked to see a wooden house outisde my balcony. How can there be a room on the 5th level?? Anyone can climb into my balcony and smash my glass doors and enter my room while we were sleeping.

We were very hungry after being tortured for more than 21 hours the day before, so we went down for the buffet breakfast. However, the breakfast spread was lousy, not much variety and food is very salty. In the end, I only took 2 pieces of bread and a cup of plain tea!

Upon reaching home, I had to take an extra day off to recuperate. On the ferry home, we met couple A who told us that BCC aircon was already not good on 2 Aug 2013 when they checked in. Why did BCC still continued to check guests in on 3 Aug 2013. Even if they want to move guests out, why not move guests who checked in first? Why give guests who check in later a room on the executive floor at Panaroma whereas my cousin & myself who had suffered got the last room which is in a bad condition.

On the ferry home, we also met couple B who stayed at Pacific Palace Hotel (nice hotel, they said), yet they paid $60 less than what I had paid to BCC Hotel. I went online, wanted to write to BCC to ask for full refund. Shocked to find that their website only allows booking and reservation of rooms. There is no way to contact them at all! I hope TripAdvisor can help by asking BCC to contact me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank joypws
The BCC H, General Manager at The BCC Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, October 12, 2015

Dear Joy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your stay at The BCC Hotel & Residences.

On behalf of the management, please accept our apologize regarding your unpleasant stay recently at our hotel.
We have discussed and investigated with our team about your inconvenience cause.
We greatly appreciate your comments about some aspects of our hotel facilities that need updating.
It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing some upgrades of our hotel facilities and our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained service and the most friendly atmosphere.

Thank you once again and please accept our sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We are looking forward to welcome you again to stay at our hotel. We wish you have an excellent day ahead.

Batam – Indonesia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The room is big and feel very comfortable, request a non smoking room in the high floor. Good sea view. Walking distant to shopping mall, behind the hotel is the big food court and opposite is the wet market.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David0545
Warms Greeting from The BCC Hotel and Residence Batam!!

Dear Mr. David,

Thank you for your kind feedback and taking time to share on Tripadvisor.com following recent stay at The BCC Hotel and Residence Batam.

We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience while staying with us. Our team will continue to strive for the improvement effort to exceed our guest satisfaction and your kind feedback is gracious commendation of our team.

Once again thank you so much and we look forward to welcoming you back to The BCC Hotel and Residence Batam. Thank you.

With Kind regards,

IB Santoso
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booked 10 rooms, requested for all the 10 rooms to be on the same floor and was promise to by the reservation department the have all onthe same floor. Unfortunately, over promised under delivered, we are all seperated to 3 different floor.

Well, room was big, bed is comfortable. Near to a eating place behind the hotel. Not very near to the shopping mall. Swimming pool was ok.

Unlucky of us, Aircon break down in the afternoon, but no one inform us and even when we call the front office 3 times, their only reply is "We are checking". The understanding of English is very limited, when we were ask to transfer hotel after dinner and drinks due to the aircon break down in the mid of the night, I actually ask for the Front Office manager or the Duty Manager, the staff just stand there and say ok but not doing anything.

We never ever recommend or step into that hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sturie1999

Dear Sturie,

Thank you for mentioning confortable beds and spacious room.

Batam – Indonesia

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Booked 4 rooms 3 months ahead of our stay on 8th August 2013 with request for early check in at 11am which was agreed. Rooms were not ready when we arrived at 12noon and we were easy about it since it was a busy period and decided to go to BCS for shopping and when we were back at 5pm, they were still not available, but when a couple came in without any booking, was given a upgrade to premium room for immediate check in which caused us to blow up. The room has towels and the basic toiletries for 1 guest where our booking were for 2-3 pax per room. When we booked for the van service for 4 hours, they accepted and then later said it was not available and proposed that we took 2 cars at same rate which we agreed, But 1 hour later, it was not available and they proposed we take another van for 20% higher than the original rate per hour but this time we need to take up to 6 hours instead of the 4 hours, which we did not take up after all. We asked the concierge for information on massage since their spa was closed. they proposed us to arrange for masseuse to be send to our room and we agreed on the price and for 7 of us at the agreed timing. we went ahead to the chilling swimming pool and they do not have towels, so we went back to our rooms to bring ours. After half an hour, they announced that the masseuses will be at our room within half an hour, so all of us rush to have a shower and get back to our rooms, another 15 minutes they came to say only 3 were available. we got so tired and fed up that we cancel the service and it was then too late to go back to the swimming pool as it closes at 10pm. This is our first trip to Batam. I am giving the rating as average instead of poor is because the staff were generally polite and I can see they are trying very hard, but the management has to provide training to upgrade the service level.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ms.Rebecca,

Thank you for mentioning the friendly and helpful staff.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Reach the hotel at 4pm, tap water was yellow color and clean water came in after let it flow for 5 mins.
The swimming pool water is freezing cold at the hot weather, maybe the water filter system have a chiller or something, guess the water only around 10 degree.
Aircon was spoiled since I checked in and not repaired till almost midnight there we were requested to transfer to another hotel at 12 midnight.
Will not book this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013

Dear Reiko,

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I booked a 3 bedroom appartment for my family of 4 and also my inlaw. My sister inlaw and also my maid also join in. the room is pretty small for a family of 4. When it's rain, the floor is wet. The breakfast is nice. The air-con is not very cold. We taken the oyster egg at the harker food beside the hotel and 3 of us had diarrhoea. Lucky it is on the last day when we are back in Singapore. The shopping is nice and there are plenty of things to buy. Just becareful of the where you take the food.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr.Dave,

Thank you for mentioning a good breakfast.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Dun even think about going unless they have fixed their central air con system. Due to the breakdown of the air con, they send us to their sister hotel, Panorama Regency. But room n service were really bad.

• Stayed August 2013