Greeted by a really grand entrance for a hotel in Batam. Front desk was friendly and willing to acomodate to an early check in of 1 hour.
Booked the executive suite that was really huge. Living room was spacious with a day bed, sofa coffee table, LCD tv and a side couch. An additional dining room that complemented the setup gave us the luxury to have our dinner from the streets that we brought back. The room was acceptable with a super king sized bed, an LCD tv and a coat hangar. The wardrobe was located at the entrance door with a safebox inside. The view was magnificent, as we were towering over all of Batam as the tallest Hotel in Sumatra. Just right below was the A2 food court which served late night supper and some BINGO fun that i got lucky at and brought home a gold chain for my girlfriend (thank you Batam!) The toilet had a 2 person jacuzzi, rain shower, basin and a toilet bowl - acceptable size for a toilet.
now time for my feedback:
1) weird design with wardrobe at the main entrance, outside the bedroom.
2) found a dead cockroach at the door upon entering. (cleared it myself)
3) jacuzzi was not "fused" to the walls with silicon, hence, exposing the pipes and some wires behind. Therefore, it was "moveable".
4) luckily for the "exposed" pipes, i was able to find the hot water valve behind the tub that was found closed that didnt give me hot water to the tub. Open the valve and hot water filled the tub.
5) water that filled the tub was yellowish in colour but had no odour.
6) basin drainage was leaking and found drainage piping to be dislodged. loosened the joints and managed to rectify the problem myself.
7) room aircon was not cold. (called mgmt and they sent 2 technicians down who resetted the 3way regulating valve for the centralised air conditioning system.)
8) Breakfast at the cafeteria was great with a lot of space and a really good spread of food.
Not a perfect experience but it could have been better especially since it was meant to be a suite. Requested for birthday arrangements but to no avail.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your The BCC Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.