“Front desk Reception staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The BCC Hotel & Residence

The BCC Hotel & Residence
Ranked #17 of 90 Hotels in Batam
tokyo
“Front desk Reception staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Booked for a 2 days 1night package tour stay @ Bcc from singapore , As what many people had comment here . room was clean & spacious , location was good .
Aupon our check in (15.00hrs ), room for 3 person with extral bed , The extral bed didnt came in , so as room setting was only for 2 ..( towel etc) ....
called the front desk regarding the issue , finally only the extral bed came after 5 hours later .
And they had forgotten about the 1 more guest setting .
Given up , Just only 1 night stay bear with it .

Check out time

Told the reception what happen and in return instead of apology , He give me a attitude ,
suspecting that i,m some kind of towel thieves . Even after clarified , Still with no apology .
Hopefully staff service standard can be improve .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
Medan, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The location is about 40 minutes from Hang Nadim Airport. It cost Rp 70.ooo by taxi. Close to the mall and many food places can be found nearby the hotel. Check in is fast as well as check out. The spacious room and wider bathroom makes stay and rest convenience. The breakfast also serves with many kinds of food. The room is clean and the double bed room makes me happy with my loves one sleeping well... At night, the view from window looks good outside...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Having been to Batam on several occasions, I usually do not set high expectations of the hotels that I stay. Once the checking process is done the entire focus would shift toward fulfilling activities. But this time, I've taken notice of BCC and not just the room but the overall experience. The first thing I noticed, all staff were eager to please. The hotel corridors smells nice and clean but the real surprise was the Deluxe room. Big in size, the cleanliness and condition strikes me as outstanding. There's the unique glass wall bathroom with that nice shower head fitting. Everything works! from the 50" flat screen TV to the hot flask. The space is enough to fit 4-6 people for a Yoga workout. Guests should also ask for hotel SUVs charged at standard 50,000 (abt $6) which is nice & quick to get around town with. Go higher, our room on the 12th floor faces a great view of the city horizon stretching from the ocean to the hills. The building is clustered between numerous eateries such as the popular evening seafood hawkers and a huge BCS mall and all within steps. The hotel's Flora Spa is great value for money and staff were friendly, patient and not pushy. Breakfast are served on 2 floors but head down to the lounge floor where its non-smoking. The buffet is nothing to shout about yet the usual continental spread is satisfying. There's a lot more potential to BCC which I believe would only get better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Khairil
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had a difficult time checking in. Although I had requested for a double room, I was told that there wasn't any double room left. But with the help of our tour guide, arranging with some other groups in the tour, we finally manage to get our room after one hour of waiting. I think there is alot to improve in their reservation system.

Aside from that we had a great stay at the hotel. The room was much bigger than I expected and was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were too soft. There was some weird smell in the toilet. But we were able to tolerate it as it wasn't that bad.

The staff were helpful and quite efficient. When we returned to the hotel after some shopping, we requested for toilet paper at the front desk, as they did not replenish it when we checked in. We decided to check out the spa before going up to the room. After checking out the spa, we went up to the room, and the housekeeping was already outside our room waiting for us with the toilet paper.

The breakfast was not bad, and they changed the menu over the 2 days that we had breakfast there.

The location was very good, with BCS Mall just beside the hotel, and the A2 Food court just behind it. Lots of shops and massage places around. There is no need to go to Nagoya Hills Mall, as you can find almost everything you want here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Went there for the 2nd time, and hotel itself was still perfect in every way possible. Stayed in the 2 BR apt again.

From check-in, we reached 2 hours earlier from the stipulated check-in time but the room was already ready and so we were allowed early check-in.

Room was clean and the technician came within 5mins for a faulty flush in the common toilet. A point to mention though, the lighting in the common toilet was very dim and my sister was too timid to even use it. The lighting has got to be improved.

Doormen were courteous through out my whole stay, and they were equally helpful if you've got any enquiries. Breakfast was fine, just the way I remembered it to be.

Still THE hotel to visit the next time I visit Batam again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ShirleyTay
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is reasonable in terms of room quality. I paid for an upgrade to a bigger room as the pricing was very reasonable, good value. Location good an central. The rooms are clean, with a nice bathroom with jacuzzi bathtub. Bed was rock hard. I haven't stayed in may hotels in Batam so have nothing to compare it to. But there are issues here, mostly things like how long the elevators take, food standard, and staff training. I was unfortunate enough to get sick during my visit, and it was handled very poorly. I bled accidentally on the bed sheets after having recent surgery, on the way out, whilst rushing to the hospital the staff wouldnt let us leave without paying for the "damage" which was very distressing and poor timing, but they couldnt tell us how much to pay. I'd stay here again wityhout doubt, but just don't expect high service standards.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My friends n me were waiting for d lift when one of d staffs came along with a group of tourists, we were asked to step aside by the staff to allow them to use d lift as they r going to level 1. For god sake d group was 20 to 30 ppls n he expected us to wait (there was only 1 functioning lift by the way) for donohowlong. A no brainer staff indeed, my wife was pregnant and you are helping to cut queue. Climb d stair if u r going level 1 morons! !! Pls allow d pregnant lady to use d lift!!!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Chuash

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels