“Inconsiderate staff” 1 of 5 stars

The BCC Hotel & Residence
Ranked #17 of 90 Hotels in Batam
“Inconsiderate staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My friends n me were waiting for d lift when one of d staffs came along with a group of tourists, we were asked to step aside by the staff to allow them to use d lift as they r going to level 1. For god sake d group was 20 to 30 ppls n he expected us to wait (there was only 1 functioning lift by the way) for donohowlong. A no brainer staff indeed, my wife was pregnant and you are helping to cut queue. Climb d stair if u r going level 1 morons! !! Pls allow d pregnant lady to use d lift!!!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Chuash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The place is one of the tallest places in Batam comprise of hotel/residence. The check in was not as breeze as we expect, staff were somehow not polite and a bit off. We booked an executive suite and i could not help to laugh and ridicule the room. It was so funny because they have this glass table in the room that looks like the ones you use in a meeting with 6 faux leather chairs on top of the mismatched yellow chairs in the living room which still had some plastics on it. It made me think what on earth the management were thinking when they put all this together. Everything inside was just off, although our room was huge, it just tacky tacky tacky and cheap inside. from pillows to the bathroom. Like what you would expect in a motel room somewhere in the big cities. I guess if youre not that fuzzy then this is an ok hotel to stay. Next door is a shopping mall and a hawker center area which was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else!
They gave us a smoking room even though we asked for a non-smoking room at reservation.
Changed of room and still it was bad. Generally, this place is badly maintained.
Breakfast is bad.

1 Thank sammy_wee
Management777, General Manager at The BCC Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
hi,

Thank you for the generous comments . We will do our utmost best to improve BCC Hotel . Please contact reservation@thebcchotel.com for your future stay . I am sure BCC is not a "one time" hotel . Give us an opportunity to serve you again and I am sure you will be very satisified . We will upgrade yourroom if you book with us again. Kindly quote trip advisor as a code word for us to upgrade you .

Thank you and Sorry for the unpleasant experience with us. Best , Caring , Consistent is always our motto . BCC

Cheers !

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family went for a short trip to Batam on Saturday 29th Dec 2012. Drop at Harbourbay Ferry Terminal and took a cab to BCC hotel for 15mins drive and was charge RP40000 only.

Upon reaching earlier than 1400WIB, they allowed us to check-in early. We booked for 1 apartment with 2 bedrooms but unfortunately was informed 2 weeks earlier by email stated that no apartment rooms available on that specific date but they upgrade us for 2 EXECUTIVE SUITES with no additional charges!

I was given 1 room access card first as the other room was not ready yet, its okay for me since the rooms were side by side. I was amazed by the very spacious room with living room, dining table, jacuzzi in the toilet, and a bed room! I able to see the other room which about to be ready in minutes and was told by the housekeeper to give a call to front desk for the room access card. Room view was superb! I can see Marina Bay Sands too! Hi Singapore, I'm here at level 12 Bcc Hotel!

The 2nd room access card arrives in just 5 minutes after informing the front desk! Lots of channel to watch! BCS mall was just 5 mins walk the the left side on the hotel exit. 15 mins to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall for RP50000 took from BCS mall which were easy accessible to get a cab.

The swimming pools consist of large pool, baby pool (should I called it a children pool - depth 0.75m) and a round-shape jacuzzi temperature around 60deg (I can see the water vapour heat from the pool).

I experienced difficulties with the access room card when tapping on the lift. Example: I was at level 4 and need to go up to level 12. The lift started from ground floor and level 20 was pressed earlier by a visitor. So when I came in from level 4, I tapped and press level 12, but red led appear and the lift did not stop at level 12 and it went all the way to level 20. Once the lift door closed, I tap the access room card again then press level 12, then it stop at level 12. It happened many times to me and other visitors and some of them end up asking help from hotel staffs to press for them using staff access card to all levels.

I was greeted by the front desk whenever they saw me and they can remember my name easily! Probably I was a foreigner there but I could speak Bahassa Indonesia fluently :P

Breakfast was superb! Eat as much as you can at level P4! We came at 0730WIB and we were the first one to touch the foods! Served with mee rebus, rice porridge, traditional foods like nasi goreng, fried kuay teow, fruits, crossaints breads with different varieties of spread, cereals and much more! The manager was there observing the staffs preparing for breakfast and he was friendly. He greeted my husband with a smile and exchange ideas during our breakfast.

Overall this hotel is EXCELLENT. Need improvement on the access room card for lift. Remember to request 2 cards per room, if 1 card couldn't be detected in the lift, you have the extra one!

BCC HOTEL... you are the BEST!

1 Thank Siti_Yusoff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at the 3+1 with my relatives. Comfortable I should say. Just beside BCS mall! There is also a nasi ayam penyet stall opposite BCS mall if I'm not wrong its "surabaya ayam penyet" delicious! Breakfast at Bcc is awesome too and service is great; smiles and welcoming. Will come here again!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Zeezuuaki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My family went to Batam for a night's stay over the Xmas holidays. On the whole, the hotel was just average, as I feel that there is a lot to be improved on. Since it was only for one night, we still managed quite well.

The room was HUGE! We had an extra bed, and I think another extra bed could easily fit in. The beds were comfortable and we liked the view from our 20th floor. We could even see Marina Bay Sands in Singapore across the sea in the distance. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was very good as we were just next door to the BCS Mall which had a lot of shopping and dining outlets. If you do wish to travel by taxi to another mall, do note that the concierge will call the hotel's taxi, which are a little more expensive, but very comfy.

Now, the part of our hotel stay, which unfortunately made our stay unpleasant, was the very smelly bathroom! The bathroom was huge and it even had a jacuzzi bath! But given the smell in the bathroom, who would even want to step in there for a short while?! We called housekeeping and they could only spray air freshener. It was such a pity as I am sure my kids would have loved using the bath tub.

And another problem was the aircon. No matter how we tried to lower the temperature, it just would not get cool enough.The maintenance guys did try to fix it, but it was still not good enough.

Breakfast choices were limited, but we were ok with that. However, do go for breakfast early as if you are late, you'll have to queue for some time for a table.

But like I said, this hotel has a lot of room for improvement. Given the huge rooms and the friendly staff, if only these other points were improved on, I am sure it will be one of the better hotels in Batam.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, and remember to check the smell in the bathroom!