“Good location!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 90 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“Good location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at the 3+1 with my relatives. Comfortable I should say. Just beside BCS mall! There is also a nasi ayam penyet stall opposite BCS mall if I'm not wrong its "surabaya ayam penyet" delicious! Breakfast at Bcc is awesome too and service is great; smiles and welcoming. Will come here again!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Zeezuuaki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My family went to Batam for a night's stay over the Xmas holidays. On the whole, the hotel was just average, as I feel that there is a lot to be improved on. Since it was only for one night, we still managed quite well.

The room was HUGE! We had an extra bed, and I think another extra bed could easily fit in. The beds were comfortable and we liked the view from our 20th floor. We could even see Marina Bay Sands in Singapore across the sea in the distance. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was very good as we were just next door to the BCS Mall which had a lot of shopping and dining outlets. If you do wish to travel by taxi to another mall, do note that the concierge will call the hotel's taxi, which are a little more expensive, but very comfy.

Now, the part of our hotel stay, which unfortunately made our stay unpleasant, was the very smelly bathroom! The bathroom was huge and it even had a jacuzzi bath! But given the smell in the bathroom, who would even want to step in there for a short while?! We called housekeeping and they could only spray air freshener. It was such a pity as I am sure my kids would have loved using the bath tub.

And another problem was the aircon. No matter how we tried to lower the temperature, it just would not get cool enough.The maintenance guys did try to fix it, but it was still not good enough.

Breakfast choices were limited, but we were ok with that. However, do go for breakfast early as if you are late, you'll have to queue for some time for a table.

But like I said, this hotel has a lot of room for improvement. Given the huge rooms and the friendly staff, if only these other points were improved on, I am sure it will be one of the better hotels in Batam.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, and remember to check the smell in the bathroom!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank srrsSG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

nice hotel but not fantastic:

cons:
No guide on facilities such as swimming pool and gym and wifii
breakfast crowd not well controlled. seems like a lot of people queuening for breakfast buffet.
one-stop service needs to be evaluated as it seems that staff not able to take customer query efficiently and effectively.
Front desk also seems very busy whenever we pass by

Pro
staff are very friendly
room is really spacious and neat. The tv has many channels.
close to mall and food centre with good food. very convenient

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Overall, this hotel has two pros - nice/spacious rooms and location close to a shopping center & food court. However, some negative experiences made this a wholly disappointing experience. In particular, we would like to warn future patrons of the spa, and a scam run by their therapists. We will not be returning.

We booked a hotel transfer from the ferry terminal, but no one from the hotel showed up; no apology was offered when the hotel was informed, with the staff choosing to pretend we had never mentioned it.

The worst experience was with the spa. My wife and I booked a 75 min in-room spa package. The therapists arrived late, and one of them kept burping during the massage which I found unprofessional, if not disgusting. Halfway through the massage, we were led to think that there was a ear candling portion included in the massage. We clarified with the therapists twice who assured us it was part of the 75 min package before allowing them to proceed.
The massages including the ear candling ended after 70 minutes. For payment, the therapists demanded an extra '50' for the car candling. When we told them that they had informed us it was included in the massage, they denied it. I then told them that they had only taken 70 minutes for the 75 minute massage and ADDITIONAL ear candling, to which one of the therapist took offense. This same therapist sat on our bed and refused to leave. I called the spa to try to resolve the matter, but a lady insisted that I had to pay for the ear candling. I decided to pay the therapists, but when I handed them 50,000 rupiah, they demanded S$50 instead; to understand the audacity of the demand, our entire massage for two cost about S$60. Upset, I called the spa again and was given a discount, though this still meant that I paid more than was advertised for the massage, and did not get the full 75 minutes that was promised. In the end, I paid a discounted price for a less than 75 min massage, as well as 50,000 for car candling which I was conned into thinking was part of the package. I may not be as aggrieved if the massage was good, but it was mediocre at best. To triangulate my story with that of a friend staying in another room, his massage also took about 15 mins less than the stated time. A wholly distressing and disappointing experience.

Later that evening, we requested two fresh towels from room service, as we used the only two towels that were provided in the toilet for the massage session. The replacements only came after almost 2 hours and several calls. The staff who eventually came was apologetic though.

Overall, a disappointing experience. The spa is not worth the effort, and I would like to warn future patrons about the scam that we were victims of.

Room Tip: Room 1211 was located directly outside the lift lobby. Higher floors would likely experience less no...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Nic-NR

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had a pleasant surprise as we entered the deluxe hotel room. Its one of the best hotel rooms we have stayed.

Basic amenities are there, view is great as we stayed on 16th floor. Air con was cold & able to adjust the temp via thermostat.
Hotel was near to foodcourt which serves great food btw & near to BCS & plaza top100 mall. Sadika spa massage service is near plaza top 100 too. Offers great & cheap massage services.

But!! Tv reception was bad though the variety of channels are good. Reception didnt inform us we need to tap on our room card in the lift to press the floor number.

Overall its a nice hotel with good location.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Innerfreedom83
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went over during the weekends. Bought the voucher in deals. Paid around $100/- including ferry and hotel and a day tour. We checked in around 6pm due to the day tour. We bought the vouchers that comes with free upgrade to the 2 bedroom apartment, but after reading the reviews here, it seems like the hotel rooms were better. So when we were about to check in at the reception, we told the staff the we would like to change to the normal rooms instead. And he agreed. My room was 2012, and my friend's room was 2019. I was lucky, i choose the room 2012. The lift only allow us to have the access to the room level of our room. We are not allow to go to other levels other than the swimming poo. When i first stepped in my room, i was like....... OMG. It's damn spacious and beautiful. The decoration of the room was awesome ! I got the room that looks exactly like the pictures you see. A big see thru glass to from the bed to the toilet. But, the drain was choked. Water was all over flooding the toilet even out of the bathing cubicle. I loved the rain shower. It was awesome, though the water was cold and hot on and off. The bed is big, and awesome too. But too bad the we cant adjust the air con temperature unless you call to the reception to get someone up to adjust for you. When we leave the hotel for our dinner and shopping, we thought of leaving any card in the card slot for the room key, so that when we are back the room would be cold and cozy. But the card reader only recognize the original room card. As they only provide 1 room card per room. We took the hotel cab to Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre to have A&W bought a few snacks and drinks, shop alittle and went back to the hotel.

Had to say this, we went to one of this massage centre near the our hotel. It located directly opposite the first factory outlet. The massage centre signboard is in orange or red I cant remember. But the massage service was good, but the ladies there were rude. They were hinting for tips, me and my friend ignore them. But overall, I loved the hotel !

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room. Thats the one with the glass see thru toilet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sallysally b
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

It was our 1st stay in Batam and we wanted to book 3 rooms for our group on the same floor. Hence I wrote in to the hotel itself even though the price wasn’t much different from the booking websites, but ended up booking through one of them as there wasn’t any reply from the hotel, even till today.
The reception staffs on duty were pleasant and helpful. We were given free upgrade to the Premier room on the 18th floor while the other 2 deluxe rooms were on the 20th floor. So do take note that being upgraded doesn’t necessarily mean a higher floor.
From our cozy, spacious & modernly done up room, we had a good view of the BATAM city, with the BCS Mall on our right & a glimpse of the faraway sea on our left. Yes, we love the hotel rooms though breakfast is so-so with limited choices.
The hotel is located in a good location; with BCS Mall, Top Plaza {it has a supermarket where you can buy your daily grocery supplies at a relatively cheap price}, A2 Food Court {which opens at night and serves good food, though some of the food had turn cold by the time it arrived at our table} and local market {you can buy salted fish, dried prawns & chilli padi} within walking distance. Security is tight here as you need to scan your room access card to reach your floor; however it might pose a problem for big groups staying on different levels should you wish to visit each other’s room.
I only wish the lift could be faster as it takes ages to wait for the lift. Other than this, I would recommend staying in this hotel for a good short getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends