“Good hotel for a short getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The BCC Hotel & Residence

You added The BCC Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
The BCC Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Bunga Mawar, Riau Islands Province 29444, Indonesia   |
Ranked #32 of 86 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Good hotel for a short getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

It was our 1st stay in Batam and we wanted to book 3 rooms for our group on the same floor. Hence I wrote in to the hotel itself even though the price wasn’t much different from the booking websites, but ended up booking through one of them as there wasn’t any reply from the hotel, even till today.
The reception staffs on duty were pleasant and helpful. We were given free upgrade to the Premier room on the 18th floor while the other 2 deluxe rooms were on the 20th floor. So do take note that being upgraded doesn’t necessarily mean a higher floor.
From our cozy, spacious & modernly done up room, we had a good view of the BATAM city, with the BCS Mall on our right & a glimpse of the faraway sea on our left. Yes, we love the hotel rooms though breakfast is so-so with limited choices.
The hotel is located in a good location; with BCS Mall, Top Plaza {it has a supermarket where you can buy your daily grocery supplies at a relatively cheap price}, A2 Food Court {which opens at night and serves good food, though some of the food had turn cold by the time it arrived at our table} and local market {you can buy salted fish, dried prawns & chilli padi} within walking distance. Security is tight here as you need to scan your room access card to reach your floor; however it might pose a problem for big groups staying on different levels should you wish to visit each other’s room.
I only wish the lift could be faster as it takes ages to wait for the lift. Other than this, I would recommend staying in this hotel for a good short getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The location is really good for a short family outing as it is just next to A2 food court & BCS Shopping Centre, within 5 mins of walking distance. However, the 3 room apartment I checked into was only rather basic. A few things was noted, 1. The floor was not well cleaned, still can feel the dirt & dust; 2. one of the living room's light was blown; 3. one of the windows in one of the 3 rooms cannot be closed and that is super dangerous for young kids; 4. Missing TV control in the master bedroom; 5. No hair dryer and cutleries. I managed to get the them to resolve 2 & 3 quite quickly, within 30 mins. 1. was resolved the next day after the housekeeping came. However, 4 never came despite I requested for it twice and we did not bother asking for 5. However, we all love the beds, very comfortable but we can't figured out the air con control, hence it became too cold in the night. The toilet is rather noisy but the noise level is much reduced after closing the doors and the funny thing is only 1out of the 3 rooms have nite light.

The breakfast spread is so so, but good enough to fill everyone for the morning. Love the Nasi Lemak served on the 1st day but not there on the 2nd day. If you have young kids, could probably occupied them with the arcade games and bumper car on the 3rd floor on the shopping mall.

Room Tip: The apartments are between the 2nd and 5th floor, hence if u wanna have a good view like what review...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cslove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is conveniently located next to A2 food court that offer delicious seafood/local food at local price! A stone throw to BCS mall which have so many things to shop for... Hotel spa is fully booked so got to book early! Overall Good stay as compared to my last trip at pacific palace hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Krtng
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is the first review I'm typing on tripadvisor, and I'm living up to the common belief that people talk about things things are terrible more than they talk about things that are great.

We were travelling as a group of 3 couples, and we were excited to book the 3 bedroom apartment in BCC, and we were extra excited because of the great reviews. First things first, when the booking was done online, my friend who booked it got the paypal receipt, but no official receipt, or statement from the hotel. Naturally, that was cause for concern, so she emailed the hotel to check if it was confirmed. She received a reply on the same day (what amazing service) allaying her concerns, saying that everything was booked. She also checked a bit about transfers, and was replied to fairly promptly. (Note: This was three weeks prior to our actual arrival date.)

-skipping ahead to travel date-

WTF NO. 1
---------------
When we got to the hotel at 2:30pm (check-in was officially at 2, but we didn't want to rush), while waiting in line to check in, my friend got a call from the hotel, informing her that they were out of the three bedroom apartments. We informed the person(MR. M) that we were outside, and would he please come out and speak to us.

MR M came out and told us that there had been a mix-up in the bookings, and that they had no 3 bedroom apartment to give us. He said that the system had failed, and they had only gotten the booking notification the previous day. However, my friend still had the emails that were sent to her, and strangely enough, MR M, was the SAME PERSON who had sent her the emails.

Naturally, we were upset. The highlight of the trip was that we would all be staying together, andimmediately, that ceased to be a possibility. We asked MR M what he could do, and his suggestion (in the most condescending, fine, i'll do you a favour tone) was that he could give us a 2 bedroom apartment, then put an extra bed in there.

Two things were wrong with that scenario. One - that was a total of 5 sleeping spaces. Two - we would have to share rooms during a holiday. Both of these were ridiculous. After some back and forth (about 30 minutes, during which we were the focal point of the lobby), he gave us rooms next to each other. Not ideal, but we were tired, and just wanted to rest.

WTF NO. 2
---------------
After lunch, my friend and I decided to go down to the pool to have a drink, We had brought out own alcohol, but we didn't know if it would be allowed, so we decided to check. At the towel counter, there was a sign that said "CORKAGE CHARGE - RP 35000". But when we checked with the attendant if we could bring our own bottles, he said that it was fine as long as we were hotel guests, which was a delight. So we went up and everyone got changed and came down. We got to the pool at 5:15pm, and when we got there, the same attendant told us the pool was closing at 6pm for a private event. Why he didnt say anything the first time around will forever remain a mystery. But we figured 45 minutes is better than none. After about 20 minutes, a lady came up to us and said there would be a corkage charge, and naturally we told her that we were told there would not be a charge. After some back and forth, she sent another guy over to tell us there would be a charge. So although we were upset, we still were okay with paying for it because RP35000 is a fairly nominal charge. However, when we left the pool, we were presented with a bill of over five hundred thousand RP. When we pointed to the sign that said RP 35000, she told us that the sign was the corkage price for food.

There is NO SUCH THING as CORKAGE for FOOD. Also, seeing we were in the pool, we barely drank anything, and we were there for a grand total of 35 minutes, so we refused to pay that charge.

WTF NO 3
--------------

Prior to the pool incident, we had ordered room service (the food was unappetising, but that really didn't surprise any of us). So when we checked out, we of course wanted to pay for that. So when we were were checking out the next day, we were surprised when the staff (a different person from the check in) told us there was nothing to pay. My friend enquired about the room service, and how come we didn't have to pay for that, and he said there was nothing to pay. At this point, we assumed that the hotel had realised how truly dreadful their service had been, and gave us the room service complimentary.

WE THOUGHT WRONG.

When we were at the ferry terminal, we see MR M, accompanied by a local policeman, holding out bill, and pretty much accusing us of running away without paying. Frustrated beyond reason, and once again, the focal point, this time of our fellow ferry takers, we paid up, and GLADLY left that place.

In all honesty, I have to say the room was pretty nice, and the location was next to a mall, which was convenient. But these things do not help when you feel like crying and/or committing murder within the first 5 minutes of the hotel experience. I cannot, under any circumstance, rate this hotel higher than a 1 in any category. I travel quite a bit, and this is the single worst experience of my life.

I urge you not to patronise this hotel. I expect to see my five friends follow suit with this tale of horror as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sick31

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels

Antigua
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

From a western solo traveller perspective,this hotel was disappointing.
Rooms were spacious as stated but were lacking many usual 4 star amenties.
No Minibar (although the price list was there) No iron,poor choice of TV channels etc.
Breakfast had poor choice for Westerners but was just about OK.
The reception staff were pleasant and helpful.
Location is Ok for shopping and food court as mentioned by others but a taxi away from main centre
Taxis are expensive and not metered compared to other Asian cities.The hotel taxis charge double the regular and whichever driver you need to negotiate hard.
I found one driver ,Supri (08 1372391800) who would take you anywhere in the city for RP30,000(US3.25) and for 2 hour tour charges Rp$50,000 per hour which is reasonable.He speaks good English and is friendly and well informed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Book 2 apartment rooms + 1 deluxe room for my family outing in Batam. Was impressed by the positive reviews from trip advisor. I am utterly disappointed the service from BCC Hotel is not up to standard. Upon check-in at 1.30pm, only 2 out of 3 rooms are available. My own family room is not ready and was adviced to wait. However, waited till 3pm and I am still waiting! Also, extra cot requested for the 2 ready rooms were not provided upon check-in. I had to call several time for my relatives to request for the cots... No sense of urgency from the hotel staffs. Utterly disappointed with this highly rated 4 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

nice hotel situated in a convenient location.just beside the bcs and a food mall that sells a great variety of food.making sure we won't go hungry in the night.comfy bed (2 twin beds were allocated to us even though i booked for a superior room.but beds were able to push together and ending up with quite a large sized bed...)big room with cable channels tv.had a peaceful sleep. breakfast spread so-so,nothing to special.usual spread of bread with jams,porridge with condiments,cereal,buffet items and the egg station. overall,will return as i enjoyed the stay there.....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family