“933”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

the food here is quite nice and very resonable compared to back home. service is not bad. u can get interesting fresh sea food if the season is right. not too far from town but a little touristy for me.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Food is okay, at least for the price I paid.
Reasonably okay, but just too many flies flying around, that I cant eat in peace.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Not sure about the prices here in this restaurant as the two times I ate here was part of my day tour package. However, for what I paid for as part of my package, to throw in a lunch like this as part of the tour makes the package seemed good value. Total close to SGD100 inclusive of all seaport taxes for a hotel stay, massage, city tour and a lunch here.
Lunch menu included sweet and sour deep fried fish, vegetables, deep fried prawns, shellfish, deep fried cuttlefish, fish ball soup, chilli flower crab.
The menu may seem tantalizing however the freshness of ingredients fall short of expectations. None of the seafood are of the freshness that you would expect from a SEAFOOD restaurant. The freshest seafood are be best served steamed, therefore not surprisingly, all of the dishes were fried and heavily doused in sauce to mask its ingredient's lack of freshness. Even the watermelon served is pale pink in colour, totally devoid of any sweetness.
I wouldn't hold it against the restaurant for serving sub-fresh seafood to tour groups as I think they need to cover costs. They probably make money from the touristy-priced gift shop in front of the restaurant to cover their profits.
I would give them the benefit of doubt that fresher ingredients would be used for paying diners but I wouldn't make a trip down just to test it out. There should be better alternative seafood eating places elsewhere in Batam. If you happen to dine there as a paying diner, my guess is that its your taxi driver cum tour guide who " highly recommended" you this restaurant.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The food is fresh, tasty and not expensive - i have been there to eat every time we are in Batam! Even my fussy in laws love the food and overall, quite clean and hygenic.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Price of seafood was acceptable. However, the sotong was not fresh at all. The fish was crispy & I especially loved the chilli & black pepper crab.