New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Golden Prawn 933
Ranked #30 of 337 Restaurants in Batam
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Asian, Indonesian, Soups, Singaporean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Center Line, Michigan
“Rice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place was great to look at. It was part of a package tour a group of us took from Singapore. I dont eat fish, so they made up for me a rice dish that was ok (I'd brought my own sandwich but didnt need to get it out) Being an American I expected napkins but I guess they dont do that there, but I found the sink and soap a nice touch. It rained so hard once we were in there that THAT just added a nice touch to the experience. The rain stopped as we left. I enjoyed it thoI dont eat seafood.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

• Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
“Food poisoning!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is my second time there and unfortunately, I have to rate it v poorly. The food tasted good but that evening when I returned home, both husband and my stomach started churning. By 3am the next morning, we were vomiting and visiting the toilet many times to clear our bowels.
We will probably not visit there anytime in the near future.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Aoly
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time catching our own seafood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had great time catching our own seafood. Cooked to perfection but i have to admit a little toooo much msg and way affordable.

this was my 2nd time with friends.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MoshaEscapades
Batam, Indonesia
“Totally Full of MSG”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I think they just ran out of herbs and other quality spices. Instead, only MSG and salt and sugar added. It was as nice as the last few years ago. The quality was crushed.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Arisandy D
Singapore, Singapore
“Cookie cutter restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Restaurant features in a lot of local tours. Surprising the seafood is pretty okay, good cooks. Average menu will feature a fish, prawns, crabs, shellfish, fishball soup and a vegetable side dish.
If you like coconut drinks, note the coconuts served here are the less sweet more bitter kind. So spare yourself the agony and get a can drink.
The second time we were here, they couldn't serve the coconut till the meal was finished and no other drinks were provided so the other diners at our table went thirsty.

Visited May 2013