“Nice and cheap inclusions of the day tour”
Review of Golden Prawn 933

Golden Prawn 933
Ranked #16 of 422 Restaurants in Batam
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The food are okay, and freshly prepared, however, it seems like they are holding back, as we got our lunch as a packaged tour deal. The crabs are too slim, haha, like me, and the kangkong are too hottttttt
Probably should ask them to cook special Singaporean styles.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

It's really a happening place for seafood lunch with a large group of friends. The food is nice - sort of a reminiscent of kampung-style and there's more than enough for everyone. Everything is fresh esp the prawns and fish. Depending on the time of day, service can be rather slow if having to jostle with the lunch time crowd.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

d food was simply delicious.worth for money.d fish was fresh.i almost try all d seafood there.no words to describe

1  Thank fatimahbanu80
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our first Day Trip to Batam and we had only one lunch to experience and I wished we could have gone to a restaurant in one of the resorts.( but our driver told us we could not enter Hotel/ Resorts since we are not guests ). It is a huge open air restaurant with red plastic chairs and plastic flowers.I was expecting sea view - yes it is over water but fish farm. Fortunately the breeze was good or at least where our table was located. Service was very slow and at one point I had to get up myself and hunted for spoons and forks to cut our bony oily ikan bakar fish since none of the dishes came with serving spoons. As I just discovered a minute ago-written by others- the Butter prawns are so small and sooooooo oily and cooked with all their shells. In fact all dishes are very oily, fried rice was tasteless. The only good thing ( after 15 minutes wait )was the Coconut drink came in huge young green coconuts, bigger than in Singapore. Waitresses were not friendly and tend to forward our oder to another. They even talked about us in their Padang mixed Malay dialect not knowing that I speak both. Arrrgh please don't waste your time here- I am sure Batam has a lot to offer. Total Lunch ( three of us with driver) 430,000 rupiah.

2  Thank budgy26
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Nice atmosphere over the water. But that's as far as it went. Sluggish wait staff, uninspired seafood entrees with too many bones and shells to contend with. Wanted to like this restaurant. Maybe just came at a bad time.

1  Thank Ginger A