“superlicious” 5 of 5 stars

Golden Prawn 933
Ranked #40 of 325 Restaurants in Batam
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Asian, Indonesian, Soups, Singaporean, Halal
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
singapore
“superlicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

d food was simply delicious.worth for money.d fish was fresh.i almost try all d seafood there.no words to describe

Visited October 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
“REGRET”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our first Day Trip to Batam and we had only one lunch to experience and I wished we could have gone to a restaurant in one of the resorts.( but our driver told us we could not enter Hotel/ Resorts since we are not guests ). It is a huge open air restaurant with red plastic chairs and plastic flowers.I was expecting sea view - yes it is over water but fish farm. Fortunately the breeze was good or at least where our table was located. Service was very slow and at one point I had to get up myself and hunted for spoons and forks to cut our bony oily ikan bakar fish since none of the dishes came with serving spoons. As I just discovered a minute ago-written by others- the Butter prawns are so small and sooooooo oily and cooked with all their shells. In fact all dishes are very oily, fried rice was tasteless. The only good thing ( after 15 minutes wait )was the Coconut drink came in huge young green coconuts, bigger than in Singapore. Waitresses were not friendly and tend to forward our oder to another. They even talked about us in their Padang mixed Malay dialect not knowing that I speak both. Arrrgh please don't waste your time here- I am sure Batam has a lot to offer. Total Lunch ( three of us with driver) 430,000 rupiah.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank budgy26
Spring, Texas
“kind of disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Nice atmosphere over the water. But that's as far as it went. Sluggish wait staff, uninspired seafood entrees with too many bones and shells to contend with. Wanted to like this restaurant. Maybe just came at a bad time.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ginger A
“lousy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

too expensive and the food sucks!!! i wont go back the staff is not friendly at all. I dont understand why ppl come here to eat

Visited August 2012
1 Thank SGGalz
Singapore, Singapore
“Very Pricey, Average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I guess the title of my review says it all. Its expensive and it isnt fantastic. Overrated I must say. Try to avoid this place and look for seafood elsewhere.
Not the kind of money you would want to spend on food when you are in Indonesia.

• Visited January 2012