“Very Pricey, Average food”
Review of Golden Prawn 933

Golden Prawn 933
Ranked #14 of 387 Restaurants in Batam
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“Very Pricey, Average food”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I guess the title of my review says it all. Its expensive and it isnt fantastic. Overrated I must say. Try to avoid this place and look for seafood elsewhere.
Not the kind of money you would want to spend on food when you are in Indonesia.

• Visited January 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
“What a small prawn for butter prawn”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Almost all taxi drivers will recommend you this. As it was my first visit, I had no choice but to believe.

The food was fresh, no doubt. And that was rhe only good thing about the food I guess. The recipe was just okay... nothing excellent.

And quite expensive!

They served us butter prawn with size no larger than what usually found in fried noodles.

Won't come again

1 Thank the d
singapore
“so so overrated”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

the waiters and waitresses could be bothered with us. the seafood was noraml and the price is nothing to shout abt... why travel all the way to Golden Prawn when we could have better seafood in Singapore at the same cost...

Visited July 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Fresh Seafood”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Food was provided more than enough! Fresh seafood! Except that the coconut was old & that was a disappointment.

Visited September 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Interesting and delicious local seafood”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I heard the news of Golden Prawn to be a usual tourist spot for seafood in Batam. I went there with low expectation, the place was quite gloomy. Interestingly I saw a few sharks and turtles that they bred in captivity for showing at the restaurant, which I find to be quite fascinating if you are bringing children.

I tried to look for live seafood that was not available at many places in larger cities, I had mantis, sea snails, garoupa with vegetable. The sauce was quite interesting and the taste I must admit to be much better compared to another large seafood restaurant I went, a day before. When the bill came, it was surprisingly cheaper than many places I had been to.

I will definitely visit this restaurant again have the sea snails there.

P.S. I can bring the shells home as souvenir at no cost for my kid as a souvenir.

• Visited September 2012