“What a small prawn for butter prawn”
Review of Golden Prawn

Golden Prawn
Ranked #14 of 385 Restaurants in Batam
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“What a small prawn for butter prawn”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Almost all taxi drivers will recommend you this. As it was my first visit, I had no choice but to believe.

The food was fresh, no doubt. And that was rhe only good thing about the food I guess. The recipe was just okay... nothing excellent.

And quite expensive!

They served us butter prawn with size no larger than what usually found in fried noodles.

Won't come again

1 Thank the d

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
singapore
“so so overrated”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

the waiters and waitresses could be bothered with us. the seafood was noraml and the price is nothing to shout abt... why travel all the way to Golden Prawn when we could have better seafood in Singapore at the same cost...

Visited July 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Fresh Seafood”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Food was provided more than enough! Fresh seafood! Except that the coconut was old & that was a disappointment.

Visited September 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Interesting and delicious local seafood”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I heard the news of Golden Prawn to be a usual tourist spot for seafood in Batam. I went there with low expectation, the place was quite gloomy. Interestingly I saw a few sharks and turtles that they bred in captivity for showing at the restaurant, which I find to be quite fascinating if you are bringing children.

I tried to look for live seafood that was not available at many places in larger cities, I had mantis, sea snails, garoupa with vegetable. The sauce was quite interesting and the taste I must admit to be much better compared to another large seafood restaurant I went, a day before. When the bill came, it was surprisingly cheaper than many places I had been to.

I will definitely visit this restaurant again have the sea snails there.

P.S. I can bring the shells home as souvenir at no cost for my kid as a souvenir.

• Visited September 2012
Damansara, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Golden Prawn lunch”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It is quite far from town areas and you need transport if want travel there. Either take return cab or follow agent. Informed by friends that if you want take cab, normally teksi driver will fetch you there and back. that is because hard to get cab there, so normally they will wait until you finish your meals. Restaurant are spacious and you can choose your ingredient by yourself. we have tried fish and some seafoods. Foods are not good as expected, price not cheap as well. It cost us around $20 per person for one meals.

Visited November 2011