I been to Harris Hotel Batam Centre at least 4 to 5 times now. So far this is the best stay & the most positive experience ever. I booked the stay through Agoda.com for a weekend trip from 19 to 20 July 2014. It cost SGD$86 and I stated my requirements as follows:
1) Asking for woman floor - Found out about this through a tip at Trip advisor
2) Ocean View
3) Early Check in and non smoking room
4) Twin Beds
It is not all the time that I get my requests fulfilled. There were times when I went there and the ocean view room was not available or I have to wait till afternoon before I can check in or only queen size beds are available.
So reasons for this trip being a great stay are
1) They fulfilled all my requests. We got a Ocean view Room. We check in immediately upon arrival at 9 plus in the morning. And we got a room with Twin beds at the woman floor.
What is the big deal about woman floor, you may ask. I didn't think how different the experience will be it till I encountered it first hand.
2) They have a dedicated floor just for female travellers. You have to pass through a separate glass door partition that segregated one section to all travellers to another section just for female travellers before reaching the rooms solely just for female travellers.
It stated very loudly at the glass partition / door / TV screen hanging on top that It Harris Woman's Touch / It's a woman thing :-)
Daisy flower designs were pasted on the glass partition. It basically stand out and there is vibrancy all over. The atmosphere is good.
There is also a vase with a real daisy in it just placed at a mini stand next to the room door entrance. It makes me feels very welcome. This is the decor for that floor which makes it different from the rest of the common rooms.
Another suprise await us when we entered the rooms. There are fashion magazines at the table, Yoga mat, Gift pouches that consists of 2 bottles nail polish + accessories + vouchers for 15 minutes of free massage. And for once, the hair dryer in the toilet is powerful enough.
There is even a message from the hotel about how the room is delicated just for female guests, female friendly brand and etc. Best of all hair straighters and hair curling irons are available for usage upon request
I am impressed and I don't get impressed easily. All these show the extra efforts the hotel makes to make the stay extra special for female guests. It designed for woman by woman!
And while we were out for shopping, they deliver a fruit platter to the room with a personal card message by the general manager stating that he hopes we will have a memorable stay and to contact a guest relation officer by the name of Rose if we have any enquires. This is the personal touch that makes all the difference and it something that I never expected. So I was truly impressed and the whole thing makes us feel very pampered and well taken care off.
This stay blew me away and I will definitely stay with them again beside them having a good location.
After the stay, Rose the guest relation officer emailed me for feedback for the stay. That is what I called customer service.
One suggestion though. They could liaise with the cosmestics companies to put in some samples for the female travellers e.g. masks, moisturers etc,
And touch up the toilet further with another oil burner and some spa products. That will make the stay even better.
It will also be great if they could have free bus shuttles to Nagoya shopping mall as well.
But overall, I personally feel they have improved greatly since the hotel started operations 2 to 3 years back.
Keep up the Good Work, Harris Hotel Batam Centre. I hope to be surprised again in my next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harris Hotel Batam Center the only waterfront hotel with sea & city view points in the heart of the Central Business District is strategically located just a step away from the Batam Center International Ferry Terminal, opposite the Mega Mall shopping Center. Within walking Distance from Otorita Batam, Bank Indonesia, government offices, Sumatera Expo Building & Mesjid Raya. 10 Minutes away from Kepri Mall and Padang Sukajadi Golf.Our property is the nearest hotel from Hang Nadim International Airport, only 15 minutes to Nagoya area, Harris Hotel Batam Center just very conveniently accessible in the heart of Batam. 171 Sea view and city view spacious Harris rooms and suites, equipped with the Harris Dreamazing Bed, 32" LCD television with 40 international and local channels. The woman touch floor provided, it's a woman thing. Safe deposit box, complimentary coffee and tea facilities.Harris slippers, Harris aromatherapy, Harris leather couch , hair dryer and an array of cosmetic amenities.Free high speed wifi available in the Harris cars and the entire premises.Our infinity pool is overlooking the ocean. The H fitness is equipped with the latest cardio equipment and Gym instructor. Sooth your tired muscles at our In-room H spa featuring the most desired facial and body treatments.Taste our Indonesian delights at the H cafe and our Harris healthy juices at our juice Bar. The Healthy life style brought in to food we provide as No MSG, Less sugar, Less salt, selected material & healthy process.In room dining is available around the clock.Harris Batam Center is the perfect place to stay and accommodate your meeting needs at our Unique Ballroom with a capacity of 1000 persons and the highest ceiling in town. Our Smiley meeting rooms are equipped with the latest high tec equipment.Come and try our new Lifestyle right in the Center ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your HARRIS Hotel Batam Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Hotel Batam Batam