“Great Break from SIN”

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great Break from SIN”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I agree with the rest that this is the place to go when taking a short break from the bustle of Singapore. The pickup service from Sekupang was prompt. The treatment rooms were very clean and something that we would typically have here in the States. Although the technicians speak little English, they do speak with you at various points to make sure all is good. There was never a concern over safety. We didn't have a chance to eat at the restaurant, but the menu looked delicious and pricing was on par with Singapore.

To vary up your day, do the 3 hour morning treatment 9-12 and take a S$12 taxi to Batam Centre mall for lunch and shopping. The Batam Centre cruise terminal is right across the street and accessible from the 2nd floor of the mall. Remember that the mall only accepts Indonesia currency or Visa cards...no S$.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank JetsForFunJourneys

• Indonesian first
Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“rest & relax”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

i was there with my hubby for a full day spa on 29 Aug 2013. Was picked up at the ferry terminal in the morning and dropped off in the evening. Since the time of picked up till drop off, the service of the staff, driver and wait staff were impeccable.
The room accommodates 2 beds so me and hubby were very comfy.The toilet was very clean and stocked with shampoo and body wash. bring your own face wash and comb and stuff for your return home.
Special thanks to Rita, Yuli our masseurs, especially Yuli... she is a real chilli padi! she is tiny but her massage was really good and it did really wind me down. i was sooo totally relaxed. Edwin did a great job in foot reflexology.
On lunch choices, we were asked if we like Nasi rendang. no other choices were offered. we asked if they serve sandwiches and so we ordered the nasi rendang and tuna sandwich. The nasi rendang was too oily for my liking. Hubby's tuna sandwich was a good potion and he like it, so all in all, it was still a good experience for us. I would have preferred more choices for lunch.
This is our first visit to Tempat Senang and we hope to visit soon.

1 Thank Wasan W
Brisbane, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Pampering 5 star”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed a 6hour package each. Yes a six hour pampering, at a reasonable price vs AUD value.

The communication via email was very professional.

The day spa facilities were very Indonesian; wonderful wood carvings and other local art works.

The staff, whilst not proficient n English, were courteous and good. Modesty was always honoured.

The complimentary lunch was an Indonesian plated delight.

Worth the travel from Singapore; A holiday highlight...thank you.

2 Thank GooseGirl555
Batam, Indonesia
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“Only 3 hours and completely rejuvenated.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Finally back for a Spa treatment after the opening of Tempat Senang Resort & Spa 5 years ago. A metamorphose has taken place and for the better!! The Balinese feeling has been enhanced in many ways and this all just a 45 minutes ferry ride away from Singapore. We have been welcomed by the owner Jasmine with some nice cold towels and went through the extensive Spa menu. I chose a Cempaka Body Scrup followed by a smoothing Balinese massage and a facial. All treatments have been done by Julie whose small hands had an unexpected power to remove the muscle knots professionally. The spacious room filled with soft music and adjacent bathroom made you feel being in a tropical sanctuary. I left completely rejuvenated and will for sure come back sooner the next time.

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“a break away from the hustle & bustle.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Booked a full-day spa (6hrs) without much of a hassle. Queries via email were answered promptly and in good detail.

Pick-up at the ferry terminal was prompt and it was a quick 7-10mins drive from the ferry terminal to Tempat Senang.

Located at a relatively tranquil site, staff greeted with smiles upon arrival. We were sat down according to our booked spa requests and it was nice to have our liaison person explain and go through with us treatments and massages from the spa menu.

This is a personal opinion, so don't go all negative nor disagree immediately if you experienced something different from me.

I enjoyed the 6 hour spa package. You might think it could be an overkill but it's nice to be pampered head-to-toe and at such an affordable deal. Massage techniques did knead out some knots i've been having. The masseuse politely checks if her pressure is ideal enough and after every 1hr treatment, they would check to see if we needed a restroom break or some water. Essential but I found that very personal and thoughtful.

I'd recommend it if you were seeking to have a short getaway from Singapore and have yourself pampered.

Yes, i'd come back again.

2 Thank teafurnee